ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minister needs to sign

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

creb99
Newly Registered

Minister needs to sign

Post by creb99 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 pm

I asked this in the Timeline thread as well, may get more exposure here:

Started citizenship process in August 2008, got request for additional info in June 2010. I phoned this morning to get a status update and was told that it is at the minister for approval.

Anybody any idea how long to wait from here on?

Thanks!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Minister needs to sign

Post by Aceform » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

creb99 wrote:I asked this in the Timeline thread as well, may get more exposure here:

Started citizenship process in August 2008, got request for additional info in June 2010. I phoned this morning to get a status update and was told that it is at the minister for approval.

Anybody any idea how long to wait from here on?

Thanks!
You should get it in 4 to 6 weeks.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 pm

The minster does not sign the cert personally. They are most likely signed by some designated official in the DOJ on the order of the minister. However the signature of the sitting minister has to appear on the cert. Seeing as the dail is now dissolved, we do not have a minister until after the election and a new government is formed, there may not be any movement until we have a new minister.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 pm

9jeirean wrote: Seeing as the dail is now dissolved, we do not have a minister until after the election and a new government is formed, there may not be any movement until we have a new minister.
In Ireland even if the dail dissolved current misiters still continue their work untill the elections and untill a new miniter takes over the office.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:
9jeirean wrote: Seeing as the dail is now dissolved, we do not have a minister until after the election and a new government is formed, there may not be any movement until we have a new minister.
In Ireland even if the dail dissolved current misiters still continue their work untill the elections and untill a new miniter takes over the office.
I stand corrected. Thanks myimmigrationboards.

Regards

9j

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 am

9jeirean wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:
I stand corrected. Thanks myimmigrationboards.

Regards

9j
no problem mate., not trying to be smart or anything., just learned it other day so shared it with u guys and that is the whole purpose of this forum. :)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:27 pm

wrong thread