ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency Travel

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

runnersw12
Newly Registered

Emergency Travel

Post by runnersw12 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello. I sent my UK PSW visa application off on the 17th of January. Have yet to receive acknowledgement. Just found out that one of my parents is very ill and need to travel home. I called UKBA and they told me that I would have to withdraw my application to receive my passport back. They also told me if I got an emergency travel document that my application would be automatically refused? I can easily get an emergency travel document but don't know if I'm going to run into difficulties coming back into the UK. If I don't get this sorted, I will be leaving the UK! Any advice would be very helpful! FYI: I can't apply in person as my visa expired 31/1/2011.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 am

Under what visa are you planning on being admitted when you return to the UK?

a) your current visa, which is expired and you will not be in posession of
b) a visitor visa, which you then cannot switch out of

Neither option is viable, I think that is where your main problem lies.

runnersw12
Newly Registered

Post by runnersw12 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am

If I return back on an Emergency Travel document, I will be on a visitor visa and my application will be automatically refused. However, I don't understand why the UKBA doesn't make concessions for things like this.

If I retrieve my passport back from UKBA without my visa, I will be in the same situation.