ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goga
Newly Registered

Post by goga » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:49 am

congrats!

yes joh118 I did write to my mp and mp wrote to uk border agency on my behalf and guess what they said. my case is still waiting for a case worker to work on and we cant tell how long it will take. so I am supposed to be patient. haha.

even thoough it has been year now

so still waiting

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 pm

lumera wrote:
santosh386 wrote:SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got my ILR stamped passport back today. What a relief you feel when you see the stamp is unbelievable.

Took only 11 weeks.

Most imp thing of all, may be it helps other applicants in future..

I APPLIED FOR MY WIFE'S ILR AS WELL WITH MINE ON THE SAME SET(O) FORM EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS HERE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR 11 months and few days on date of application. I WAS TOLD THAT ACCORDING TO LAW SHE WOULDNT GET IT AND SHE HAS TO APPLY BY SEPERATELY ON SET(M)

BUT SHE GOT THE ILR STAMPED AS WELL WITH ME ON THE SAME APPLICATION. THIS MIGHT HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME.

God bless this forum it is so helpful and supportive. I wish all the applicants all the best and you can write to me for any queries. I will be more than available to help anyone if needed.

:D :D :D :D :D
Congrats Santosh!

Thanks a lot lumera

santosh386
Newly Registered

Re: ILR received (10 yrs Long Residence)!

Post by santosh386 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

calvtan wrote:Hello all,

Just received mine today, ILR on passport with all other documents was received today (in one package), but only collected this evening as was out.... my Porter in the apartment sign for me as usual and through my letter box in my flat... :-)

10 year Long Residence ILR application

Currently on Tier 1 (HSMP extension)
Application sent: 17th November 2010
Application received by UKBA: 18th November 2010
Payment taken: 18th November 2010
Acknowledgement letter: 18th November 2010
Decision made: 24th January 2011 (ILR Dated Stamp) - Liverpool
Passport received: 29th January 2011
Total time: 10.5 weeks

Status: Student (6 yrs) + SEGS (Science & Engineering Graduate Scheme) (1yr) + WP (1 yr active (although was approved for 5 yrs)) + HSMP (2 yrs) + Tier 1 (Before ILR, HSMP Extension)

Total days out (10 yrs period): 480 days

Sent by myself, no representative/lawyer used - just advice/assistance from members here and reference to UKBA website settlement documents

During my student years, there is a period between my undergrad (Bachelor) & Masters, where i stay in as a Visitor (due to delay in arrival of Uni letter). I was in Visitor visa for about 2 months before switching back to Student (Masters degree) - applying back in my home country for my Masters Student Visa.

Hence, Visitor visa is included in the 10 yrs application.

Submitted: SET (O) form, LITUK Cert (Returned), Current Passport, and all old passports, a page of summary of all the dates in and out of country (10 yrs period) as running out of space in the application form

Additional documents (but I don't think they used it as it was intact in my clear pocket folder):
Cover Letter (explaining my achievements last 10 yrs (studies) and my current job)
Master Certificate
HR Letter & My current Employment Manager/Boss Character Reference Letter
3 months Bank Statements (3 months prior to Nov 2010)
Photocopies of all the pages on ALL passports with all the 10 yrs visas (all returned, assuming they do their own photocopies for their record)

Please do not hesitate to contact/message me if I could be help (i.e. in particular Visitor visa, which lots of ppl may have doubt if it was counted or not - and the answer is YES! 10 yrs legal stays (not Visa category based))

No more UK Visa worries at least for a while....!

Thank you everyone who have directly and indirectly help me during my application!

Have a good night everyone...

:D Congrats to you too.

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

santosh386 wrote:
:D Congrats to you too.
Many thanks!

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi santosh thanks,
I received your email,i will contact them on monday.

Kam348

10 yrs long residence category

Post by Kam348 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 am

Hi all

application posted 10 yrs long residence form SET (0) 5th Jan 2011
fee taken 6th Jan
ack letter received 3 days later dated 6th Jan

In waiting queue now .....

If anyone has similar dates please let me know do we need to send educational docs to cover the student visa period ????

Thanks
Last edited by Kam348 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kam348

Post by Kam348 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 am

calvtan wrote:Hello all,

Just received mine today, ILR on passport with all other documents was received today (in one package), but only collected this evening as was out.... my Porter in the apartment sign for me as usual and through my letter box in my flat... :-)

10 year Long Residence ILR application

Currently on Tier 1 (HSMP extension)
Application sent: 17th November 2010
Application received by UKBA: 18th November 2010
Payment taken: 18th November 2010
Acknowledgement letter: 18th November 2010
Decision made: 24th January 2011 (ILR Dated Stamp) - Liverpool
Passport received: 29th January 2011
Total time: 10.5 weeks

Status: Student (6 yrs) + SEGS (Science & Engineering Graduate Scheme) (1yr) + WP (1 yr active (although was approved for 5 yrs)) + HSMP (2 yrs) + Tier 1 (Before ILR, HSMP Extension)

Total days out (10 yrs period): 480 days

Sent by myself, no representative/lawyer used - just advice/assistance from members here and reference to UKBA website settlement documents

During my student years, there is a period between my undergrad (Bachelor) & Masters, where i stay in as a Visitor (due to delay in arrival of Uni letter). I was in Visitor visa for about 2 months before switching back to Student (Masters degree) - applying back in my home country for my Masters Student Visa.

Hence, Visitor visa is included in the 10 yrs application.

Submitted: SET (O) form, LITUK Cert (Returned), Current Passport, and all old passports, a page of summary of all the dates in and out of country (10 yrs period) as running out of space in the application form

Additional documents (but I don't think they used it as it was intact in my clear pocket folder):
Cover Letter (explaining my achievements last 10 yrs (studies) and my current job)
Master Certificate
HR Letter & My current Employment Manager/Boss Character Reference Letter
3 months Bank Statements (3 months prior to Nov 2010)
Photocopies of all the pages on ALL passports with all the 10 yrs visas (all returned, assuming they do their own photocopies for their record)

Please do not hesitate to contact/message me if I could be help (i.e. in particular Visitor visa, which lots of ppl may have doubt if it was counted or not - and the answer is YES! 10 yrs legal stays (not Visa category based))

No more UK Visa worries at least for a while....!

Thank you everyone who have directly and indirectly help me during my application!

Have a good night everyone...
Hi Calvtan

Many congratulations ...... and thanks for sharing v helpful detailed information.
My case is v similar like you or I feel even less complicated. I have applied 10 years ILR on form SET (O). few questions if you can help: (1) do we need to send the educational docs to cover the progress during student visa period or not? I didn't send with my applications as I wanted to keep docs to minimum possible.
(2) I always submitted postal applications 3-4 weeks in advance for visa extensions and one visa was issued 4 days after previous visa was expired (like visa expired on 30th Nov and new visa issues 4th Dec). I understand my application was valid but my friend confused me by saying I should have sent proof like acknowledge letter or bank statement when money left for that particular application because they refused some1 on that basis rather than checking the records. But I think they should have online record for all this rather than digging the files.... please share the experience .....
(3) 10.5 weeks v encouraging news. as if i see other reviews its taking long time. but I see positive than in your period it was severe snow period + xmas and new year break so it should take 2-3 weeks less for now .... hope so ....
(4) any info re enquiry phone call from caseworker or interview.

Info about my case: Form SET(O)
Posted: 5th Jan 2011
Fee taken: 6th Jan 2011
Ack letter received: 3-4 days later dated 6th Jan 2011

Immigration history:
Student (7 years 2 months) + IGS (1 yr) + Tier 1 HSMP (2 yrs)
no gap, always valid application. no refusal, travelling only 6 visits with lessthan 130 days out in total, never morethan 4 weeks in one trip, in well paid job with council now and have 2 kids born in UK and wife is my dependent joined me in UK since mid 2007. only weak link I can see in my application that I switched my college once and left course in 2nd year but explained in covering letter with my follow up extension (will this be a matter of investigation/ verification??? any comments please).

Thanks in advance and please keep this post going ...
Best wishes to everyone! Regards, Kam

Kam348

Post by Kam348 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am

Got my ILR stamped passport back today. What a relief you feel when you see the stamp is unbelievable.

Took only 11 weeks.

I APPLIED FOR MY WIFE'S ILR AS WELL WITH MINE ON THE SAME SET(O) FORM EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS HERE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR 11 months and few days on date of application. I WAS TOLD THAT ACCORDING TO LAW SHE WOULDNT GET IT AND SHE HAS TO APPLY BY SEPERATELY ON SET(M)

BUT SHE GOT THE ILR STAMPED AS WELL WITH ME ON THE SAME APPLICATION. THIS MIGHT HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME.

God bless this forum it is so helpful and supportive. I wish all the applicants all the best and you can write to me for any queries. I will be more than available to help anyone if needed.

Lucky you ..... Many Congratulations and all the best for your future plans .... Best wishes, Kam
Form SET(O). 10 yrs long residence category
ILR/Passport received = 12th feb
MN1 application via NCS = 2nd March 2011
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

jaymbauk
Newly Registered

10 years long residency waiting time

Post by jaymbauk » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm

10 year long residency (8 years student, 1 year IGS and than back to student for last 1 year)

ILR APPLIED:11 JAN 2011
Fees deducted: 12 jan 2011.
Acknoledegment letter received :14th jan dated 12 jan 2011

hope i too get my ILR in 10 weeks like all others lucky people getting here

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Kam348 wrote:
Hi Calvtan

Many congratulations ...... and thanks for sharing v helpful detailed information.
My case is v similar like you or I feel even less complicated. I have applied 10 years ILR on form SET (O). few questions if you can help: (1) do we need to send the educational docs to cover the progress during student visa period or not? I didn't send with my applications as I wanted to keep docs to minimum possible.
(2) I always submitted postal applications 3-4 weeks in advance for visa extensions and one visa was issued 4 days after previous visa was expired (like visa expired on 30th Nov and new visa issues 4th Dec). I understand my application was valid but my friend confused me by saying I should have sent proof like acknowledge letter or bank statement when money left for that particular application because they refused some1 on that basis rather than checking the records. But I think they should have online record for all this rather than digging the files.... please share the experience .....
(3) 10.5 weeks v encouraging news. as if i see other reviews its taking long time. but I see positive than in your period it was severe snow period + xmas and new year break so it should take 2-3 weeks less for now .... hope so ....

Immigration history:
no gap, always valid application. no refusal, travelling only 6 visits with lessthan 130 days out in total, never morethan 4 weeks in one trip, in well paid job with council now and have 2 kids born in UK and wife is my dependent joined me in UK since mid 2007. only weak link I can see in my application that I switched my college once and left course in 2nd year but explained in covering letter with my follow up extension (will this be a matter of investigation/ verification??? any comments please).

Hello Kam348,

Many thanks!

To answer your queries:
(1) It is not a requirement, I added only the latest Masters degree, just for my own psychological sake, but I don't think they actually took out from the clear pocket as my post it note was not moved at all (same as my employer letter - post it note attached - not moved - as far as I can remember from when I sent out). While post it notes on the passport, LITUK was removed. I think for long residence, they only require SET(O) form, all passports & LITUK cert (if I am not mistaken)

(2) I will leave this to the expert to answer, I am not very clear about this. I think something involving Section 3C/D, with regards to late application within 10 days is fine.
Please check with the experts.

(3) I hope you get yours soon too, considering the holiday period is over!

(4) Only acknowledgement letter > ILR letter package (with approval)

Hope this helps! All the best!

Best regards,
calvtan

Kam348

Post by Kam348 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:50 pm

calvtan wrote:
Kam348 wrote:
Hi Calvtan

Immigration history:

Hello Kam348,

Many thanks!

To answer your queries:
(1) It is not a requirement, I added only the latest Masters degree, just for my own psychological sake, but I don't think they actually took out from the clear pocket as my post it note was not moved at all (same as my employer letter - post it note attached - not moved - as far as I can remember from when I sent out). While post it notes on the passport, LITUK was removed. I think for long residence, they only require SET(O) form, all passports & LITUK cert (if I am not mistaken)

(2) I will leave this to the expert to answer, I am not very clear about this. I think something involving Section 3C/D, with regards to late application within 10 days is fine.

Best regards,
calvtan
Thanks for your reply.
re: (2) my application was not late. I submitted 4 weeks (4th Nov) before the expiry (30th Nov) of my visa and money was taken 22 days before (9th Nov) the expiry of visa but new visa (4th Dec) was issued 4 days after the expiry of visa. so as long as i submitted the application in time, they can take even 2-3 months to make decision but I am not sure whether this will affect my current ILR application or not.
Best wishes,
Kam
Last edited by Kam348 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Kam348 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
re: (2) my application was not late. I submitted 4 weeks (4th Nov) before the expiry (30th Nov) of my visa and money was taken 22 days before (9th Nov) the expiry of visa but new visa (4th Dec) was issued 4 days after the expiry of visa. so as long as i submitted the application in time, they can take even 2-3 months to make decision but I am not sure whether this will affect my current ILR application or not.
Best wishes,
Kamran.
As mentioned earlier, I am not familiar with your query (2).
Don't want to give wrong info. Please wait for other to reply.

Best regards,
calvtan

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Kam348 wrote:
calvtan wrote:
Kam348 wrote:
Hi Calvtan

Immigration history:

Hello Kam348,

Many thanks!

To answer your queries:

Best regards,
calvtan
Thanks for your reply.
Best wishes,
Kamran.
No, it won't matter. You applied IN TIME (although providing evidence would have been good) and even if the caseworker sees it as a gap, it was only 4 days and it only happened once so they should use discretion. Discretion only applies if you have a single gap 10 days maximum.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Took only 11 weeks.

Many congratulations..
On what category did you apply ?

Kam348

10 yrs ILR gap query

Post by Kam348 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 am

yusuf944 wrote:Hi
This forum is very helpful and I would like to contribute my ILR experience.
Applied under 10 years rule.
I submitted my application via a solicitor on 29/09/2010.
Acknowledgement letter dated on 30/09/2010.
ILR stamped on the 15/12/2010.
Passport received 10/01/2011 by my solicitor.
I had a gap of 3 days between one renewal.

Wish good luck for every one who is still waiting.

Thanks.

Hi Yusuf

Congratulations on getting your ILR. I would be grateful if you kindly advice me on the following.

One of my extension has 4 days gap but my application was not late. I submitted 4 weeks (4th Nov) before the expiry (30th Nov) of my visa and money was taken 22 days before (9th Nov) the expiry of visa but new visa (4th Dec) was issued 4 days after the expiry of visa. so as long as i submitted the application in time, they can take even 2-3 months to make decision but I am not sure whether this will affect my current ILR application or not.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best wishes,
Kam
Last edited by Kam348 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 am

sunmoon wrote:

Took only 11 weeks.

Many congratulations..

I applied on the 10 year long residence basis

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:29 am

santosh386 wrote:
sunmoon wrote:

Took only 11 weeks.

Many congratulations..

The caseworker's mistake bring your luck, as long residence category doesn't allow any dependants, dependant should extend their stay as spouse applying through FLR(M) form.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi santosh i have not spoken to them yet.
Actually i have already given my documents last week to another solicitor based in Holborn London and even paid them half of their fees.
I have been to my solicitor today and asked them regarding my wife that why she can not apply ILR under my application, as she has been living with me in UK for last three years? They said to me she has been my dependant, not spouse for last three years that is why she cannot. she has to fill FLR(M) form for two year spouse visa.
I did mention to my solicitor about you, they are not believing.
I will speak to your solicitor tomorrow.
I am confused now.....
Santosh can you note my email address please.
helloimran@hotmail.co.uk

santosh386
Newly Registered

Post by santosh386 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:28 pm

sunmoon wrote:
santosh386 wrote:
sunmoon wrote:

Took only 11 weeks.

Many congratulations..

The caseworker's mistake bring your luck, as long residence category doesn't allow any dependants, dependant should extend their stay as spouse applying through FLR(M) form.
Its true what you say, but mine is not the first case from my solicitor who managed to get these done. He said theres a way to do it and can be done. Its definitely not fluke as he assured me before making the application, I did not believe it myself but lo the result proves he was right.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 am

Dear All,

If you read my previous posts on this subject, i mentioned about a very good friend of mine who applied ILR on 10 year basis, almost 54-56 weeks ago.

and today finally after waiting more than 1 year and 2 months he got his ILR.

What a relief for him, he was over the moon and told me that at least he can get on with his life.

Just to let you know that he stayed all 10 years here on student visa.

Good luck for those who are waiting.

Regards

goga
Newly Registered

Post by goga » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

hi
after 1 year I got my passport back with a refusal. I had no gap. I have been living in this country with a mix of 5 years student and 5 years depandant of EEA National. the case work wrote in the refusal that the period I spent as a depandant of EEA national does not count when calculating the long residence period.

I have been talking to lawyers and they said it does. I went to citizen advisor and he said it does but to count the period the case worker has to use the discretion and in my case he did not.

so sad news for me. any suggestion for what m i supposed to do will be helpful
regards

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

goga wrote:hi
after 1 year I got my passport back with a refusal. I had no gap. I have been living in this country with a mix of 5 years student and 5 years depandant of EEA National. the case work wrote in the refusal that the period I spent as a depandant of EEA national does not count when calculating the long residence period.

I have been talking to lawyers and they said it does. I went to citizen advisor and he said it does but to count the period the case worker has to use the discretion and in my case he did not.

so sad news for me. any suggestion for what m i supposed to do will be helpful
regards
I don't think you have many options. As your case depended upon whether the caseworker used discretion or not means that you can't challenge it in court. Officially, the time spent as a dependent of EEA national is not included as time spent for long residence. When you applied, did you have a cover letter asking for discretion? Do you have any social connections?

I think you were just unlucky here. =(

ALSO, as you have been on EEA dependant for 5 years, can't you settle the normal way?

Eastender14
- thin ice -

ilr

Post by Eastender14 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi guys,

I just came home and found my prepaid envelope with my passport duly stamped with ILR. I applied under the 10 yr rule as follows:

Date applied: 7/12/2010
Ack recd: 13/12/2010 (dated 8/12/10)
ILR rec: 03/02/2011 (Stamped 1/2/2011, PEO Liverpool)
Time taken:7 weeks
10 year: 5.5 student and 4.5 WP

I had a gap of 20 days as i was late in sending my application. Leave was till 31 March, i sent my application on 20 april but i suppose the case worker used his discretion. I was also refused leave as i worked more than 20 hrs as a student , which i won on appeal as i was unaware of this rule in my defence.

I wish you all the best and hope that you receive a positive response soon.

Take care :) :o :D :lol: :twisted:

joh118

Re: ilr

Post by joh118 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Eastender14 wrote:Hi guys,

I just came home and found my prepaid envelope with my passport duly stamped with ILR. I applied under the 10 yr rule as follows:

I had a gap of 20 days as i was late in sending my application. Leave was till 31 March, i sent my application on 20 april but i suppose the case worker used his discretion. I was also refused leave as i worked more than 20 hrs as a student , which i won on appeal as i was unaware of this rule in my defence.

Wow congrats! I wish I will be as lucky as you! You must have had the shortest wait time under this category! The UKBA are really improving things....(pleasant suprise)

Did you use a solicitor? Also I believe as you would have almost qualified for ILR under 5 year WP anyway, discretion came in your favour.

Enjoy your freedom!

sunmoon

Re: ilr

Post by sunmoon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:20 am

Eastender14 wrote:Hi guys,

Seems me you are misguiding the forum. How its possible ? As per guideline the caseworkers use their discretion if there is a gap of up to 10 days, and also you had in breach of the student visa condition by working more than 20 hours/week. So its unbelievable.