ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarkany
Newly Registered

EEA PR application

Post by sarkany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I am a non EEA national married to EEA national and I have RC issued in May 2009 (valid till May 2014). However I have been living in UK since September 2007, entered on EEA family visa, my husband worked in UK more or less continuously since, save for week or two between jobs. My question is, do I have to wait till my RC expires to apply for permanent residence? Or can we both apply for PR in September 2012 as that would be when we complete 5 years continuous living in UK? Thank you in advance for your help!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:46 pm

It's five years continuous residence under the EEA regulations.

sarkany
Newly Registered

Post by sarkany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Thank you for your reply, if I am reading your answer correctly, yes I can apply after September 2012 regardless of when my residence card expires if I was here legally for five continuous years? I just want to be sure and not mess up my chances (had bad experience with sending off my documents, haven't seen my passport for almost year and a half)....

hassain
Newly Registered

Post by hassain » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:06 pm

you can apply for PR under EU law after you and your wife, partner live togther for 5 years,
so you can apply before you RC expiry,
I had RC till 2014 and did apply for PR and got it,
so you should be fine to apply ,

sarkany
Newly Registered

Post by sarkany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm

That is great news, thanks for your help :D

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 am

hassain wrote:you can apply for PR under EU law after you and your wife, partner live togther for 5 years,
hi hassain,
i did not understand what do you mean,you said after you and your wife live together for 5 years
from my understanding you including time you lived with your wife before married as my case i lived with my wife 1,5 before married can i include this time,

thank you for ur time.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 am

Sarkany, the important bit is the bolded text. You say you have entered the UK on an EEA family permit. So obviously you were on the EEA route since then. If the EEA FP was issued on basis of a marriage/partnership you are expected to have lived with your spouse/partner for that period. The dates on EEA documentations are immaterial to your rights.

kool145
Newly Registered

PR b4 5yers complete....any help...

Post by kool145 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 pm

sarkany wrote:Thank you for your reply, if I am reading your answer correctly, yes I can apply after September 2012 regardless of when my residence card expires if I was here legally for five continuous years? I just want to be sure and not mess up my chances (had bad experience with sending off my documents, haven't seen my passport for almost year and a half)....
cn u plz explean hw u gng 2 apply 4 PR b4 5yres completae...
some1 told me same thng if u wth ur eea partner 3years...
u can aply 4 PR....

confused....nathng find in HO webside...
tnx

kool145
Newly Registered

Post by kool145 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:03 pm

hassain wrote:you can apply for PR under EU law after you and your wife, partner live togther for 5 years,
so you can apply before you RC expiry,
I had RC till 2014 and did apply for PR and got it,
so you should be fine to apply ,
how long u hold ur RC b4 u got PR...