ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier1 application decision by ukba/home office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

holla007

Delay in Tier1 application decision by ukba/home office

Post by holla007 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 am

Hello guys, I need some help and advices on what to do now, I am on post study work and it suppose to expire in sept 2011, but since I have meet the requirement for the tier general, I decided to send in my Tier1 general applications in sept 2010, and it was acknowledge by the ukba on 15th sept, but ever since then I have not receive my passport back from them. And I have called the ukba; all I can get is that my application is still with the home office. And I have written letters to the home office and ukba, but I am not getting any respond from either of them with situations or updates on my applications.
Now, can someone advice on what I can do in order to get them returns my passport without treating my application as withdrawn applications as I really need my passport to travel now.
Cheers
Holla

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Delay in Tier1 application decision by ukba/home office

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 am

holla007 wrote:Hello guys, I need some help and advices on what to do now, I am on post study work and it suppose to expire in sept 2011, but since I have meet the requirement for the tier general, I decided to send in my Tier1 general applications in sept 2010, and it was acknowledge by the ukba on 15th sept, but ever since then I have not receive my passport back from them. And I have called the ukba; all I can get is that my application is still with the home office. And I have written letters to the home office and ukba, but I am not getting any respond from either of them with situations or updates on my applications.
Now, can someone advice on what I can do in order to get them returns my passport without treating my application as withdrawn applications as I really need my passport to travel now.
Cheers
Holla
Ru really serious...thats a long time..you might need to go and visit them in one of their offices in UK and ask them abt the status..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 pm

If after 14 weeks UKBA is not providing you with a status update, you may submit a formal complaint.

regards

holla007

Post by holla007 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks guys but the fact is that, after contacting the UKBA, i was told that my application is with the HOme office, and there is no contact for home office, or is there anyway i can get to know who my case officer is. Even the immigration lawyer i spoke with said, until the outcome of there decision, there is not much he can do, is this correct? is there no way or law to compel them to respond after their speculated 14 weeks.
cheers
Holla

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 pm

According to me just wait a bit more. You can send them urgent treatment request providing the genuine reasons but it's totally depends on ukba that how can they treat your requests.

Also you can ask your MP for help but that process will also take time.

Best to wait patiently

holla007

Post by holla007 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks guys i really appreciate your contributions. Now someone adviced that i could get a lawyer to write them, but my major concern is, since i have written them before, will they respond to that and knowing that the average cost by most lawyer to write such letter is £150 and i dont actually know any lawyer who can write such letter free for me without collecting money.

Please advice me on this issue or any lawyer who can help out. thanks

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 pm

With due respect, complaints do not get much attention. I had waited for little over 8 months (though it was from Student to Tier 1) and I had wrote in couple of times. The response I had was nothing but general stating - 14 weeks is not a SLA (service level agreement), however, it s is only a guideline and some cases may take longer to consider. You are more than welcome to write in, but have no expectations. Sorry :(
sushdmehta wrote:If after 14 weeks UKBA is not providing you with a status update, you may submit a formal complaint.

regards
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

holla007

Post by holla007 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 am

Hello Guys,
Finally the Ho decided to release my documents with my 2 years T1General after a long waiting of about 23 weeks, thanks for all your contributions and words of encouragements
:lol:

StudentNeedAdvice
Newly Registered

Student Visa to Tiers 1-Advice please

Post by StudentNeedAdvice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Dear all,

I was reading the following thread and I would like to kindly ask you for an advice.

I applied to switch from student visa to Tiers 1. This is the 17 week after the biometric enrolment and I havent had any news yet. Is this normal? Do the UKBA do this on purpose to make me withdraw the application? My lawyer said that I have to wait and he cant do anything. Can I trust him?
I am depressed as I missed so many family things and I have been stuck in the UK for so long. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Is this formal complaint going to make any difference? or shall I just wait? and Also what if they reject my visa application- that means that all these efforts would have been for nothing? Thanks a lot

Kind REgards

S

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 pm

You are not the only one who have been waiting that long. There are so many members on this forum (including me) who have been waiting almost the same time.

I've given my biometrics on 27th of April.

When did u record ur biometrics??

Unfortunately, waiting is the only option mate.

Cheers

StudentNeedAdvice
Newly Registered

Post by StudentNeedAdvice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 pm

My biometrics were taken the 9th of May. Are switching from student to Tiers 1 as well? Do they do this on purpose to discourage people?

and why do they say in the website that it is between 4 and 14 weeks if they dont respect the deadlines...

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:12 am

So yours were done after me. I am switching from PSW.

There is nothing like '4 to 14 weeks' on their website. They try to solve 75% of the cases within 4 weeks but if it takes longer to decide, there is no time limit mentioned.

Hopefully its not gonig to be too long from now on.

Cheers

StudentNeedAdvice
Newly Registered

Post by StudentNeedAdvice » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:25 am

When does your PSW expires? my student visa expires on the 31st Oct 2011. I read on a another forum that the UKBA tend to be slower when the original visa is far from the expiry date.

Cheers

S