ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice, Really confused about naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londonguy123
Newly Registered

Please Advice, Really confused about naturalisation

Post by Londonguy123 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi!

First timer on here

I would like some advice on naturalisation
I got IRL back in 2000 since then i have not got around to naturalisation.
A couple of weeks ago i filled out the forms and sent them to the home office in Liverpool
1.I am unemployed and i am not taking any state benefits will that be a problem?
2.i have never taken any state benefits, as my family and friends have provided for me
3. i have studied in the UK from primary school to university but due to family problems i was unable to finish of my degree
4.I am 25 years old, i have a quite a bad credit report no CCJ’s have been issued to my knowledge but i have a few defaults will this effect the application?
5.I have been convicted for false representation and assault with both cases they were not taken to court and the matter was dealt with at the police station, in other words the police gave me a slap on the hand, i did not mention this on the naturalisation form will that be a problem? The false representation was back in 2005 and assault was in 2010.
6.When will the home office take the application fee from my account?
Please can someone answer the questions above and guide me further

Thank you in advance

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm

A couple of weeks ago i filled out the forms and sent them to the home office in Liverpool Why didn't you use NCS?
1.I am unemployed and i am not taking any state benefits will that be a problem? No
2.i have never taken any state benefits, as my family and friends have provided for me No and not relevant
3. i have studied in the UK from primary school to university but due to family problems i was unable to finish of my degree Not relevant
4.I am 25 years old, i have a quite a bad credit report no CCJ’s have been issued to my knowledge but i have a few defaults will this effect the application? No
5.I have been convicted for false representation and assault with both cases they were not taken to court and the matter was dealt with at the police station, in other words the police gave me a slap on the hand, i did not mention this on the naturalisation form will that be a problem? The false representation was back in 2005 and assault was in 2010.

You say you were "convicted" but only court can convict after police charge you. If you have just cautions and not court convictions you should be OK and don't need to mention. If these were court convictions and/or fines you might have a problem.

6.When will the home office take the application fee from my account?
They should do it within days or a few weeks at the most once they recieve your application. Why didn't you use the NCS who can check your application?
Please can someone answer the questions above and guide me further