ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dilemma

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doctor2011
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dilemma

Post by doctor2011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi everyone,
I would appriate if someone could give me an advice about my visa situation.
I have been working as a NHS doctor under tier 2 visa.My last contract is completed and I have found an employer who got themselves registered with home office as a sponsor and then then managed to obtain a CoS for me.Unfortunately,the job advertisement was in a professional journal but not in job centre plus,hence not fulfilling the criteria of resident labour market test.I had to apply with this incomplete documentation because my leave to remain on previous visa was about to expire.
Now the application is with homeoffice and is likely to be rejected.All i wonder whether
a)should i find another employer in the mean time for a different application
b)can i apply again whilst being in the country after rejection of my first application
c)should i go back after first application rejection and apply from backhome
your help would be greatly appreciated
kind regards

clippedw

Re: Tier 2 Dilemma

Post by clippedw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm

doctor2011 wrote:Hi everyone,
I would appriate if someone could give me an advice about my visa situation.
I have been working as a NHS doctor under tier 2 visa.My last contract is completed and I have found an employer who got themselves registered with home office as a sponsor and then then managed to obtain a CoS for me.Unfortunately,the job advertisement was in a professional journal but not in job centre plus,hence not fulfilling the criteria of resident labour market test.I had to apply with this incomplete documentation because my leave to remain on previous visa was about to expire.
Now the application is with homeoffice and is likely to be rejected.All i wonder whether
a)should i find another employer in the mean time for a different application
b)can i apply again whilst being in the country after rejection of my first application
kind regards
What kind of Doctor are you? It may be worth checking if your occupation is on the shortage occupations list as if it is then you will not need to perform the RLMT

doctor2011
Newly Registered

Post by doctor2011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

I am a GP and its not on the shortage occupation list...ta

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm

doctor2011 wrote:I am a GP and its not on the shortage occupation list...ta
Oh ok. I'm sure one of the moderators or more knowledgeable members will be able to advice so hang tight and all the best

doctor2011
Newly Registered

Post by doctor2011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 pm

thanks mate..!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Dilemma

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:05 pm

doctor2011 wrote: a)should i find another employer in the mean time for a different application
doesnt matter...
if you still have valid leave to remain
your only option if your current leave is expired.
kind regards