ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Following Pankina Application: Continuous Stay After Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SpokenHands

Following Pankina Application: Continuous Stay After Refusal

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm

My tier-1 leave to remain was refused in January 2009 due to a maintenance funds following below the limit for 3 days. At the time, I appealed but withdrew the appeal after a successful Tier 2 visa application made from overseas (as by this time my leave to remain had expired).

I have received a Tier 1 visa today following a successful review under the Pankina judgement. My letter was treated as a switching application and the new visa extends to 2014.

However my request for 'continuous stay' has not been addressed in the letter despite being stated. I am hoping that the 2 years spent previously on Tier-1/HSMP are not lost and can be counted towards ILR in 2012 rather than in 2014.

Is there a specific process or letter you would recommend I follow to request the Home Office to consider - now that i have recd a Tier 1 visa and my time overseas to regain leave to remain would not have been reqd had the refusal made solely on maintenance grounds had not gone forward.

Comments and suggestions welcome.