ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country Tier 1 General Appeal on rejection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owais85
Newly Registered

In Country Tier 1 General Appeal on rejection

Post by owais85 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi,

jashdasdhaskdhas

jashdkasd kahsdkjs kjashdkjas
Last edited by owais85 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:40 pm

1. If the degree has been awarded but you have not collected it (on the day of ceremony or never requested it to be posted to you), then it is neither the University's or UKBA's fault. The policy guidance clearly states under what circumstances alternate documents other than the degree certificate may be accepted.
2. What is CTA?
3. Follow IAFT-1 guidance on completing.
4. I guess notice of decision is the refusal letter from UKBA, but not sure.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rizash76 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi, yes you can represent urself. u don't need any representative or so. its simple case. don't waste ur money. Notice of decition is refusal letter which mentions refusal points. send the origenal and keep the all photo copies with u. take with u on hairing date. be confident and preseant ur self in a well manner dress code should be formal not informal ok. just try to keep on the refusal points don't try to make too many arugemts. just write down some key points on papper just incase. this is all my personal experiance, i have had my aapeal hairing last december and i present my self eventhough some solicitor adviced me not to loddge appeal becaiuse they thoughts i got slim chances but i present my self and turn the decition in my faver. best of luck. don't worry u vl win. just be positive and confident on the day.
wish u best luck.
rizwan.

owais85
Newly Registered

Post by owais85 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks Rizwan and Mehta.

kjshdfkdsf
jhgjasdhas
Last edited by owais85 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello mate

The refusal notice you have got from home office, it is notice of decision .

Send a copy of that refusal with your appeal form.Very simple thing. I did the same when I was in my appeal.

Best of luck

oldfriendfound
Newly Registered

Refusal based on accountant's letter

Post by oldfriendfound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello Everybody,
I have been refused tier-1 General visa on the grounds of the letter from the accountant being unacceptable as the accountant is a Fellow Member of the Association of the Accounting Technicians (FMAAT). The refusal letter states that
FMAAT is not one of the specified regulatory bodies for Accountants as specified in the Tier-1 General Guidance. Therefore,we have been unable to consider this evidence as a part of your self-employed earnings.
. The accountant is also a licenced AAT certificate holder and a member of CIOT. I applied for my Visa in Beginning of November 2010 when the guidance form applicable for cases on or after 6th september 2010 was in place in which it has not been very clearly mentioned that what should the qualification of the accountant be.

Please advise that what chances do i hold for winning the appeal if i provide fresh letters from a certified accountant as specified by the Home Office with my appeal.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:54 pm

CTA, AAT, CIOT registered accountants are not certified accountants for the purpose of Tier 1 applications. If you search the forum you'll find numerous posts highlighting refusals for the same reasons.
Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:137. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm

owais85 wrote:I've consistently asked my uni for the letter. Left a few voicemails and a couple of emails over this time but I recvd no reply. And hence I didn't bother much. 2 days ago, I went storming in and told them whats happening and why were my emails and voicemails not answered. They've given me a letter saying that the degree certificate wasn't given to me in the first place and moreover its gone in to re-printing as the previous one printed had a wrong date. So yeah, not my fault. I was given my PSW without the degree certificate so I assumed that I would get my HSMP without it too.
Hopefully, on this matter the FTTIAC judge will understand the situation and agree with you, than with UKBA.

regards

owais85
Newly Registered

Post by owais85 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi sushdmehta,
kjashdfkjdshas kjahsdkjahsdas
kjahdkjhasdkas

Kind Regards
Last edited by owais85 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldfriendfound
Newly Registered

Post by oldfriendfound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:CTA, AAT, CIOT registered accountants are not certified accountants for the purpose of Tier 1 applications. If you search the forum you'll find numerous posts highlighting refusals for the same reasons.
Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:137. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body. These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).

regards

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. Here i would like to say that this has been taken from the Guidance Notes that came into effect from 23rd December 2010. if the one that was in effect for the month of November i.e. the one that was meant to be used for cases being applied on or after 6th September 2010 is taken into account, the Guidance says
All accountants must be either fully qualified chartered accountants or certified accountants who are members of a registered body such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc.
Here the term etc. is not very helpful. AAT is also a registered body for accountants.Its registration number is 1050724. In the latest Guidance the Home Office has listed the regulating bodies very clearly but not in the Guidance that was meant to be used for cases on or after 6th September. The content of the Guidance was actually not very descriptive for a person who is not aware of the difference between the different types of regulating bodies in the field of Finance.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:25 am

AAT is a registration body of accounting "technicians", not certified accountants. Similarly, CIOT is a registration body for "tax advisors", and not accountants.

Registration bodies of certified accountants are the ones listed in either of the policy guidance (current or old).

If an accounting technician claims to be a certified accountant, IMHO, it is the technician who is bluffing you. And you cannot blame UKBA for that!

regards

owais85
Newly Registered

Post by owais85 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 am

Thanks Sushdmehta

My original accountant is a CTA and he is an Associate of or registered with the Institute of Taxation. He is a Chartered Tax Accountant and not an accounting technician. Don't you think that according to the previous guidelines I'm covered?

owais85
Newly Registered

Post by owais85 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:31 am

kjhdaksdjasl

kahdas
Last edited by owais85 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaijai
Newly Registered

Post by jaijai » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 am

Hello,

My case is the same. My accountant is a CTA and FMAAT which is why my application has been refused. I understand that I can argue on this point but i would like to know if i can produce fresh evidence in court in form of receipt of tax return on my income to HMRC. Would that be possible since the tax will be filed after the date of application now. And a bigger question is whether i can pay tax before the financial year 2010-11 has ended. I have also been advised to get the documents made from a CA and produce them at the hearing. But will these be accepted and considered?