ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zhonor

EEA2 Application

Post by Zhonor » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm

I am a non eea national and my husband is an eea national studying part time in the UK. He has been studying here for more than 2 years now. He is also now looking for work either part or full time. I am working in the UK full time under PSW visa.

I will be applying for my EEA2 soon and would like to find out the following:

a) Should I apply under my hubby as self sufficient, student or worker (actively seeking but not sure if can find job in months or so)?

b) Evidents of employment; they state provide at least one (payslip/contract of employment/letter confirming employment); If I provide my payslip, is it only recent month (1 month) or for 3 months?

c) Bank statements (3 months bank statement as well?) - Does it need to be healthy bank statement or just shows that you can survive for 6 months.

d) I noticed that the COA (Certificate of Application) now says "cannot confirm right to work" base on what I've read on the forums: is that applicable to all applicants as I need to work to support both of us while he is studying part time.

Await for advise! Thank you!

Rgds

Stefan-TR

Re: EEA2 Application

Post by Stefan-TR » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Zhonor wrote:a) Should I apply under my hubby as self sufficient, student or worker (actively seeking but not sure if can find job in months or so)?
Worker would probably not go through if he is only a job-seeker. Both student and self sufficient require Comprehensive Sickness Cover; so if I were you I'd probably go with student if he's enrolled at a proper college/university.
Zhonor wrote:b) Evidents of employment; they state provide at least one (payslip/contract of employment/letter confirming employment); If I provide my payslip
Nobody cares about your payslips, as long as your husband doesn't claim self-sufficiency based on your income. If you apply as the spouse of a student, the employment page doesn't need to be filled out. (If you apply as the spouse of a worker, your husband's employment is of interest.)
Zhonor wrote:c) Bank statements (3 months bank statement as well?) - Does it need to be healthy bank statement or just shows that you can survive for 6 months.
Ideally a joint bank statement for both of you, so that money is coming in regularly (through your job) and your husband can show that he finances his studies. Alas, how healthy it needs to be, I cannot say.
Zhonor wrote:d) I noticed that the COA (Certificate of Application) now says "cannot confirm right to work"
That's only for cases where the initial document checkers didn't see straight away that (a) the applicant was most likely a genuine family member and (b) the EEA national truly exercising treaty rights.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you very much.

I thought I had to supply my payslips since in the form it states "if you are supporting them through working, you will have to complete this section with your details" under Section 4 (Employment). I automatically jump to conclusion that I need to include my employer details since my husband is not working at the moment, etc.

My company provides medical insurance with emergency cover for the family so I guess that is considered "comprehensive medical insurance"

My only concern is that it will be rejected for some silly error I made or some detail I did not include but thanks for your advise.

Greatly appreciated

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:43 am

If you want to test-run your documentation, your partner could first apply for EEA1 via the same day service in Croyden.

Then you'll see if UKBA is happy with your CSI and how much details they want about your financial support.