ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Visa application - from Mumbai - status update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Quota still in Place

Post by Santoshj19 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am

asethi wrote:
How and from where did u get this information?
This information i got from UK based immigration experts.

asethi

Re: Tier1 Quota still in Place

Post by asethi » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 am

Santoshj19 wrote:
asethi wrote:
How and from where did u get this information?
This information i got from UK based immigration experts.
Ohh...but in Australia ppl are still getting their visas....Don't know what is going on :-(

AKM
Newly Registered

Letter to VFS to speed up the visa process

Post by AKM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello friends,

I called today morning to VFS to enquire about my visa. The lady suggested to me to provide an application and give the proper reason to speed up the visa process which may help getting my visa sooner.

Friends, do you think this is gonna help anyway. I applied on 29-Nov and my status is still "your application is forwarded to british high commission".

Could you help to what content i can put in a letter to high commission?

any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

AKM.

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Re: Letter to VFS to speed up the visa process

Post by Santoshj19 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 am

AKM wrote:Hello friends,

I called today morning to VFS to enquire about my visa. The lady suggested to me to provide an application and give the proper reason to speed up the visa process which may help getting my visa sooner.

Friends, do you think this is gonna help anyway. I applied on 29-Nov and my status is still "your application is forwarded to british high commission".

Many thanks.

AKM.
Hello Friend,
Every one will get his/her visa before 31st march 2011 because that is the last date for issuing the visa. You can write a letter/application to BHC to speedup the process but you have to make sure the reason behind the speedup.
If you have any solid reason they you can proceed but this can't be reason that "you have submitted your visa 2 month back and need it since it is quite late and you need visa now" is not appropriate reason because their time line could be upto 4 month for issuing any visa. Ideally it should be 3 months.
I am almost waiting for 85 days and I'll complete3 months next week and still waiting without any outcome.
We can expect fresh visa will be issued in India from 1st Feb 2011.
So hope for the best and enjoy the waiting time.

switushah
Newly Registered

Post by switushah » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:49 am

Santoshj19 wrote:
AKM wrote:Hello friends,

Many thanks.

AKM.
Hello Friend,
Every one will get his/her visa before 31st march 2011 because that is the last date for issuing the visa. You can write a letter/application to BHC to speedup the process but you have to make sure the reason behind the speedup.
If you have any solid reason they you can proceed but this can't be reason that "you have submitted your visa 2 month back and need it since it is quite late and you need visa now" is not appropriate reason because their time line could be upto 4 month for issuing any visa. Ideally it should be 3 months.
I am almost waiting for 85 days and I'll complete3 months next week and still waiting without any outcome.
We can expect fresh visa will be issued in India from 1st Feb 2011.
So hope for the best and enjoy the waiting time.

Hi Santosh,
Thanks for details...
You are waiting from 3 month... that really too long from BHC side to issue visa...

Have you applied from Mumbai VFS ???

I need my passport any how before 11 FEB 2011 as by visa for other country us getting expire on 14 FEB..

If i wait that long it not garranty tht i will get visa...
Even if i withdraw. VFS say it can take upto 20 working days..(even more or less) to withdraw your application... I am in great mess....

Suggest what to do yaar..

Thanks in advance...

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 am

AKM wrote:

Hi Santosh,
Thanks for details...
You are waiting from 3 month... that really too long from BHC side to issue visa...

Have you applied from Mumbai VFS ???

I need my passport any how before 11 FEB 2011 as by visa for other country us getting expire on 14 FEB..

If i wait that long it not garranty tht i will get visa...
Even if i withdraw. VFS say it can take upto 20 working days..(even more or less) to withdraw your application... I am in great mess....

Suggest what to do yaar..

Thanks in advance...
Hello Dear,
I applied from Pune VFS - indeed it will go to Mumbai BHC.
Even if you saying them to process your visa on fast track then it is possible that they can do it sooner and of course your application will not have any impact on decision (as per web site).
You can check the UK govt web site:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... o-complain

The best way is just wait for 10-15 more days..

I assume that "since they have stopped the new application from 23rd dec 2011" it means that most of the persons who applied will get the visa!!!
So hope for the best and let us update if you are going to make request for fast processing.

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Any 1 Given Appln to Mumbai BHC Fast Processing of Tier1

Post by Santoshj19 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

Hello All,
Any one given/called Mumbai BHC for fast processing of application?
Please update.

asethi

Re: Any 1 Given Appln to Mumbai BHC Fast Processing of Tier1

Post by asethi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am

Santoshj19 wrote:Hello All,
Any one given/called Mumbai BHC for fast processing of application?
Please update.
I emailed on friday but did not receive any reply :-(

asethi

Re: Tier1 Status change

Post by asethi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 am

Has anyone got any news?

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 am

asethi wrote:Has anyone got any news?
No dear. Still waiting.
Request to all guys to keep updated and keep posted.

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I have emailed them about expediting the tier1 processing but haven't heard from them. I guess they have ignored the email.

AKM
Newly Registered

Post by AKM » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm

No update yet..Still waiting get my status changed to atleast "Under processing".

bloke

Post by bloke » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:00 pm

AKM wrote:No update yet..Still waiting get my status changed to atleast "Under processing".
You mean today your status changed from forwarded to under processing??

AKM
Newly Registered

Post by AKM » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 pm

AKM wrote:No update yet..Still waiting get my status changed to atleast "Under processing".
oops!! that was typo error. i am still waiting for my status to be changed!! sorry guys :oops:

Has anyone got their visa stamped yesterday?

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Its Too Long Waiting for Tier 1 Mumbai BHC

Post by Santoshj19 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:33 am

Dear we don't know why Mumbai BHC is neither replying to our mails nor issuing the Visa. That is totally unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour by them. What ever outcome is at least we can expect a professional and genuine reply from Mumbai BHC.
In a month UK high commission world wide has to issue only 600 visa and if you take a count / share for Mumbai BHC it will be hardly 100-150.
If documents are verified already by them then it will take not more than day or two!!!
In worst case we can assume a week. In jan 2011 also there is no update on VFS site of Visa quota.
Only we can wait and keep posted.

asethi

Re: Its Too Long Waiting for Tier 1 Mumbai BHC

Post by asethi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:01 am

Still status is In Progress.....It is driving me very very crazy now.....
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 am

asethi wrote:Still status is In Progress.....It is driving me very very crazy now.....
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I got reply from BHC by mail that your document is in verification!!!
Await

asethi

Post by asethi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

I got reply from BHC by mail that your document is in verification!!!
Await[/quote]

Ohh...good atleast they replied......
I just called them but I got as usaual response "Manual checks are going on......your application is under progress"

switushah
Newly Registered

Post by switushah » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm

asethi wrote:I got reply from BHC by mail that your document is in verification!!!
Await
Ohh...good at least they replied......
I just called them but I got as usaual response "Manual checks are going on......your application is under progress"[/quote]

This is common response from last 2 months yaar. Some thing is definatly wrong... I think they have kept all application on hold.... or not processing...

I have asked my office hr department, accounts department, payroll department - they all have not received any verification call / email.
Bank and degree certificate should not take 2 month for verification. what should be other thing they need to verify ????

asethi

Post by asethi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Yes you are right...I have also asked my employer and they did not receive any query from BHC. I also told this to the guy at BHC but he said ...."its our internal process and we can not tell you about out verifications".... Well thats true we are not asking any confidential info ....but we just need some approx timeline. I also asked him "whether they are going to process all pending applications atleast before 31 March" but he again said "I can not tell you its our internal decision...."

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

I have sent them an email about expediting the visa processing on last week friday but they haven't replied and when today i send them an email reminder with the copy of previous mail to ask them please atleast acknowledge the receipt of my email and concern.

They replied with the usual message...ur application is under process please await decision.

To be true my application still shows with status "forwarded to BHC" and its the same status from the day one ...i.e last week of sept..so i assume they just sent a casual reply without even looking for my application status ...which is still not under process yet ...

Seems something is fishy ...I wish all my originals are safe with them :)

AKM
Newly Registered

Post by AKM » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

rajmycontact wrote:I have sent them an email about expediting the visa processing on last week friday but they haven't replied and when today i send them an email reminder with the copy of previous mail to ask them please atleast acknowledge the receipt of my email and concern.

They replied with the usual message...ur application is under process please await decision.

To be true my application still shows with status "forwarded to BHC" and its the same status from the day one ...i.e last week of sept..so i assume they just sent a casual reply without even looking for my application status ...which is still not under process yet ...

Seems something is fishy ...I wish all my originals are safe with them :)
My application has the same status since day one and really really not sure if my originals are safe. There is every chance they misplace the documents. I am totally worried and not sure how and from where to get the correct status of my application. This is totally rediculous!!!

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:33 am

Anyone status got changed?
Its really frustrating now ....

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 am

AKM wrote: My application has the same status since day one and really really not sure if my originals are safe. There is every chance they misplace the documents. I am totally worried and not sure how and from where to get the correct status of my application. This is totally rediculous!!!
Dear,
Our documents will be safe with them but the question is that for feb 2011 month Tier 1 quota has been commenced or not? Till yet no body told that they have got the Visa in Feb 2011, this sounds that BHC is not processing visa as of now.
How ever we don't have right to ask for faster processing only we can request for that.
It is actually too much wait time. Definitely they are trying our patience so that people ask to take back the Passport without Visa Stamping!!!
If BHC will work like this then only god knows what Next?

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 am

See this article from
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-11- ... cember.htm

It talks abt the delay but do mentions application will be considered in the order they were received.

Clearly this rule is flouted by BHC ...but can it be proved?