ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help with my Home Office status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PleaseHelp
Newly Registered

Please Help with my Home Office status

Post by PleaseHelp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Thank you all
Last edited by PleaseHelp on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: Please Help with my Home Office status

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 pm

I am confused as you know DL(I think you are talking DL ..other word for exception leave) are granted for 3 or 4 or 5 years.After which you apply for extention for another 3 years and after six years you can apply for ILR.

Do you please check your immigration documents properly.

Shahzad
Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 am

I would suggest you to consult a good solicitor and send Ukba a pre action protocol(Judicial Review) letter and threaten them to proceed in J R if they are not replying in 14 days.I hope that will do the trick and you will get some reply from them.

Otherwise they will sit on your case for ages.Do some thing and ask them about your status and the update on your ILR application.

Good luck

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am

shahzad80 wrote: I am confused as you know DL(I think you are talking DL ..other word for exception leave) are granted for 3 or 4 or 5 years.After which you apply for extention for another 3 years and after six years you can apply for ILR.

Do you please check your immigration documents properly.

Shahzad
Shahzad - The original poster is correct about his status. ELR was granted to asylum seekers who the Home Office decided did not meet the definition of a refugee as defined in the Refugee Convention but it decided should be allowed to remain in the UK for other reasons. It was abolished on the 1 April 2003 and has been replaced by two types of leave: "discretionary leave" and "humanitarian protection".

@ Pleasehelp - I agree with AUHS - you need a good solicitor to consider the merits of JR'ing the delay or at the very least writing a pre-action protocol/letter before claim. However you will also need evidence of why the delay is causing you detriment. Unfortunately your case is stuck in the 'legacy' of old cases which UKBA said they would deal with by July 2011. 6 years is quite long though to wait particularly given that you have actually made an in time application for settlement. You should also write to your MP to ask him to enquire as to the delay.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks ever green.

This case does not comes under Legacy ?

Shahzad
Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 am

[quote="shahzad80Thanks ever green.

This case does not comes under Legacy ?

Shahzad[/quote]

Yes the case comes under legacy.