ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric residence permits enrol using walk in service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gob00st

Biometric residence permits enrol using walk in service

Post by Gob00st » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:27 am

Hi everyone,
I have got two questions:

1>
What other document would be needed apart from the invitation letter from Home office to enrol my biometrics ? Is there any sort of
ID is needed along with the invitation letter ?

2>
Regarding the walk in center
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... enrolment/

Is there anyone who has used this walk in service with post office for
your Biometric residence permit enrols?

If so, could you please comment with your experience with that?
For example, Is there a long queue in walk in centre?

Thanks
Gob00st

Gob00st

Re: Biometric residence permits enrol using walk in service

Post by Gob00st » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Anyone can help ?

Thanks
Gob00st
Gob00st wrote:Hi everyone,
I have got two questions:

1>
What other document would be needed apart from the invitation letter from Home office to enrol my biometrics ? Is there any sort of
ID is needed along with the invitation letter ?

2>
Regarding the walk in center
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... enrolment/

Is there anyone who has used this walk in service with post office for
your Biometric residence permit enrols?

If so, could you please comment with your experience with that?
For example, Is there a long queue in walk in centre?

Thanks
Gob00st

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 pm

I received the biometric invitation letter a few days after my payment was processed (the dates are in the Tier 1 Extensions sticky). I haven't received a separate reference letter yet but it has only been a week since the application arrived.

When I went to the post office, I was only asked for my UKBA letter and the payment. I didn't need other ID or documents. It took about 5 minutes and was very straightforward. Maybe if you go at a busy time you would have to queue but I was lucky there was only one person ahead of me. I went to Old Street, London at about 1pm. There is a separate queue for biometrics there (ie, not the general post office queue).

Only some post offices take biometrics and there is a list in the letter from UKBA showing where they are located.

Note: My application was an HSMP extension so the application form doesn't mention biometrics. It might not work the same way for other types of application.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks sister, you are the best and dood luck for your application !
Regards,
Gob00st
goldfish wrote:I received the biometric invitation letter a few days after my payment was processed (the dates are in the Tier 1 Extensions sticky). I haven't received a separate reference letter yet but it has only been a week since the application arrived.

When I went to the post office, I was only asked for my UKBA letter and the payment. I didn't need other ID or documents. It took about 5 minutes and was very straightforward. Maybe if you go at a busy time you would have to queue but I was lucky there was only one person ahead of me. I went to Old Street, London at about 1pm. There is a separate queue for biometrics there (ie, not the general post office queue).

Only some post offices take biometrics and there is a list in the letter from UKBA showing where they are located.

Note: My application was an HSMP extension so the application form doesn't mention biometrics. It might not work the same way for other types of application.
Last edited by Gob00st on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm a girl but thanks for the best wishes anyway :)

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 am

Sorry I didn't know that ... @_@
corrected now.
goldfish wrote:I'm a girl but thanks for the best wishes anyway :)