ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any1 applied 4 spouse settlement end of nov??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sally2244
Newly Registered

Any1 applied 4 spouse settlement end of nov??

Post by sally2244 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 pm

after spending months on this forum reading and collecting all my papers i finally handed in my documents for my husband's spouse settlement visa from cairo 2 days b4 the new english test law ! im still stressed and waiting.... the days seem like years and i dont know how im gonna get through. if theres any1 who applied at around the same time and is still waiting please join in the stress and depression with me :cry:

sally2244
Newly Registered

Post by sally2244 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am

iv been tracking it online and it now says visa under process. i applied on the 24th of november and am still waiting. inshallah i hope the best, iv been following other experiences on the forum and understand that many are going through the same feeling and stress which kind of gives me more hope. i also read alot about the appeals just incase things go bad :( and it seems that even in the worst cases there still can b a chance for things to get better. One should always make the intention for the sake of Allah and realize that sometimes Allah can be testing our patience and how grateful we should be & how much we need Allah in all aspects of our life and without his help and support and without our dua we are lost.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:16 am

ptl141
Newly Registered

Post by ptl141 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm

sally2244 wrote:iv been tracking it online and it now says visa under process. i applied on the 24th of november and am still waiting. inshallah i hope the best, iv been following other experiences on the forum and understand that many are going through the same feeling and stress which kind of gives me more hope. i also read alot about the appeals just incase things go bad :( and it seems that even in the worst cases there still can b a chance for things to get better. One should always make the intention for the sake of Allah and realize that sometimes Allah can be testing our patience and how grateful we should be & how much we need Allah in all aspects of our life and without his help and support and without our dua we are lost.
In the same situation as you. My partner has to go for an interview at the BHC in India on 27/01/2011. Applied on the 18/11/10 (settlement).

Remember the ECO has to make the decision based on the date of your application and not the date when they check it. So the English rules do not apply even if you handed the application on the 28/11/2010.
Last edited by ptl141 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptl141
Newly Registered

Post by ptl141 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Partner went to the interview today and she has been granted the visa.

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Louby Lou » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 am

Hi Sally,
I have posted a few times about the English Test as we are in the position of needing to get this done before applying. My husband had a date for his test last Saturday in Cairo- needless to say he didn't get there!
I now have no idea how things will pan out. If things deteriorate even more will all visa applications be suspended indefinitely? Or will they eventually be outsourced to another centre? And if there is no possibility of taking an accredited exam will we just have to wait?

Hope you and yours are all okay.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:14 am

Visa applications can be submitted in neighbouring Countries to Egypt while the problem continue.
30 January 2011: Cairo and Alexandria visa application centre closed. Due to the current security situation, the British Embassy in Cairo and the WorldBridge visa application centres in Cairo and Alexandria will be closed until further notice. Visa applicants wishing to visit the UK should consider submitting their application in a neighbouring country. For information on how to apply outside Egypt, please check this website and select the country where you want to apply. The UK Border Agency and WorldBridge Services in Istanbul, Turkey and Amman, Jordan are resourced to handle additional applications from Egypt, although applicants can apply elsewhere if they are unable to travel to these two countries. Visa applicants are strongly advised to contact the UK Border Agency or WorldBridge in the neighbouring country to confirm that they will be able to submit an application before travelling. We hope this closure will be a short-term measure and will continue to keep the situation in Egypt under review. We will advise you of any changes through this website.

http://www.ukba.home...-services-cairo

Louby Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Louby Lou » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 am

Thank you for your reply Casa.
The problem for us now is that all the papers are with husband in Egypt. And of course the blessed English test is on hold.
If things don't improve will have to come up with a plan B!