ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jason23

Barclays bank statements

Post by jason23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 am

Apologies if this may seem a little silly and if it has been repeated but does anyone know if the Barclays statements generated at the machines in most of their branches count as valid proof of previous earnings or do they need to be stamped? Does Barclays stamp these?
I only ask as I will be applying for my Tier 1G last few days of March/ 1st of April to include my March salary and cannot wait for the official statement to generate.

Thanks

manojk005

Re: Barclays bank statements

Post by manojk005 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 am

jason23 wrote:Apologies if this may seem a little silly and if it has been repeated but does anyone know if the Barclays statements generated at the machines in most of their branches count as valid proof of previous earnings or do they need to be stamped? Does Barclays stamp these?
I only ask as I will be applying for my Tier 1G last few days of March/ 1st of April to include my March salary and cannot wait for the official statement to generate.

Thanks
Statements printed by machine in branch will not have many details you will need. Better, You ask Barclays bank to change date of statement generation either by telebanking or visiting branch as soon as your payment credited in your account.

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 pm

not many branches stamp the statements

they say its their policy to NOT STAMP duplicate statements but my lawyer advised that HO mite refuse the case if statements are not attested by bank.
i got mine stamped by them after a great argument...

else they can give u a cover letter for ur statements stating that they are all true copy and correct... this letter they issue very easily.

Natita

Post by Natita » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 pm

I think statements you mentioned would be classified as "mini statements" which are not acceptable. See Guidance section 213.

"Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)."

Kind regards

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks Manoj. That is a good point actually. Will have to check a recent one that I have. But I assume, full name and payments that I am actually claiming for should suffice.
The problem I have with changing statement date is that I will mostly be paid on the 31st of March. With Tier 1 G closing on April 5th I don't think I want to rely on Barclays delivering the statement on time. Is there any other way around this?
I am pretty sure Barclays wouldn't stamp and sign online statements :?

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 pm

@ generalaltier - Thanks I will try and get a letter then. Do you know if they issue it immediately at the branch?

@ Natita. No not a mini statement. Most Barclays branches have a machine that gives you last 180 days transactions but its a print out. I am pretty sure it has my full name on it too.

missri

Post by missri » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

I have recently printed a statement from one of the machines at Barclays. It is printed on bank's statioinary, have bank's name and logo (black & white), my full name, detail of all transactions for the specified duration and date of statement; BUT they hide first four digits of account number. So apparently it does not fulfill the UKBA criteria.

I am in the similar situation and would appreciate any positive suggestion for this. (I need 16 days statement and I can't wait for the regular statement)

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

I have taken this straight from the policy document on the ukba website. Nowhere does it mention anything about account number. I am sure that a letter from the bank verifying the authenticity of the statement as suggested by a member above along with the actual statements should suffice. Try going to the branch and ask them to issue you with a letter.

missri

Post by missri » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks jason, but things are really tricky with UKBA. If you follow the same guidelines from UKBA and read the maintenance funds requirement, you'll find the following,

i) Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;
All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above.

I am sure same is true for earnings and i'll be showing maintenance fund from my salary account. I know this bank statement thing is one of the main reason behind many rejections (no bank stamp, no logo or things like that). That is why I am asking for practical guidance from members who have gone through this experience.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

I actually agree. No point giving them a reason eh :)

I too will be using my salary account for maintenance funds. I think the best other option is to print out online statements and get a letter from the bank as stated earlier verifying the documents are correct. Also, get the statements from the machine and send that along too.

rvked1
Newly Registered

Barclays stamped my statements

Post by rvked1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Just a quick reply, I got my final payments printed out from online banking, and took it to Barclays who stamped and signed it for me. It's a business account, and the local business manager did it for me, she offered to do it when I asked if they can generate half-month statements...

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Statements printed from Kiosk machines of Barclays bank are NOT "mini-statements" and accepted by UKBA for visa purposes. I personally used them many times. They meet the criteria mentioned by UKBA

sreenikesh
Newly Registered

Post by sreenikesh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello Jason,

Barclays statements can be generated inside the Barclays Bank - Kensington High street, London, UK. You can get it stamped and signed across the counter from this branch. If you are living in London, this is close to Kensington gardens almost opposite to PC world.

Thanks.
Niki.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:03 pm

I still don't understand exactly what 'mini statements' are?

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:43 am

Guys can we apply with a bank statement showing paypal transactions everyday with money coming in for example £400 and £ 300 on the same day and even money going out like £500 or £ 900?

Just to make more paypal transactions is used for running ebay news. Like buying things from one place and selling them on ebay.

please advice