ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply British Citizenship, 3 year completed or not?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahmad60
Newly Registered

Can I Apply British Citizenship, 3 year completed or not?

Post by fahmad60 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

hello everyone

i got my ILR back in november 2008. i got my ILR coz i am married with british citzen and living outside the uk for 4 year so i got staright away just need to pass the KOL test which i did bfore i granted ILR.

My question is how early i can apply coz i know i need to excelty 3 year b4 i apply. i visited the uk many times b4 i moved here permamntly in oct 2008. i almsot every mounth but just for 2 or 3 days all the time.

guys plz help me to apply this mounth i shell be very thank full for all of you ok thanks
regards

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 pm

the residential requirements are straight forward:
In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:
-have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
-have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
-have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
-have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period

From you you were writing, it sounded like you do not meet these requirements. The earliest you can apply is Oct 2011 if you moved here in Oct 2008.

fahmad60
Newly Registered

Post by fahmad60 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 pm

fhumbert wrote:the residential requirements are straight forward:
In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:
-have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
-have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
-have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
-have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period

From you you were writing, it sounded like you do not meet these requirements. The earliest you can apply is Oct 2011 if you moved here in Oct 2008.
yes you are right but my whole point was to applying erlier coz i have many shorts visits to the uk before and it says any legal stay count, so if i count those stay can i apply early or not

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:38 am

Visitor status may be included.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fahmad60
Newly Registered

Post by fahmad60 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:37 am

vinny wrote:Visitor status may be included.
thanks vinny its very usefull but can i ask somehting. this sec says Physical presence here is normally sufficient. for exmaple i was here in 26, 27, 28 of feb in2008 and now in 2011 the weekend is coming so can i still apply or not what date i should put on the application and when i can post coz i have counted i was total 230 days was out in last 3 years and i wasnt out 90 days in last year and i was also in the uk last in feb so wht shuld i do thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

If you satisfy all the requirements, then you should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fahmad60
Newly Registered

Post by fahmad60 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am

vinny wrote:If you satisfy all the requirements, then you should be okay.
thanks alot vinny again for help, dose homeoffice accept application on weekends i mean sat or sunday i dont think if someone qualify on tht particular dates and weekend comes so what to do coz next dates are coming after 6 mounths that i was here in the in 2008 so plz clear me thanks.

fahmad60
Newly Registered

Post by fahmad60 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:00 am

so it means i should go ahead vinny can u tell me do i need a lawyer to do these things or i can do myself aswel thanks