ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will ANY states/territories sponsor teachers for SIR visa?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crouts81
Newly Registered

Will ANY states/territories sponsor teachers for SIR visa?

Post by crouts81 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:11 pm

Hi

I've just completed a 2 year teacher training degree in Australia because it was supposed to allow me to get Skilled Migration (work experience requirment waived). But they have put the points pass mark up from 115 to 120 on this visa, so I am left with teacher registration in Queensland but no right to work. I've returned to the UK where I'm finding it very difficult to get a teaching job because my Aussie degree does not mean I'm qualified in the UK.

I really want to return to Australia but I can't get skilled migration without years of work experience. However I would be eligible for the SIR visa if a state or territory would sponsor me. Has anybody heard of teachers being sponsored, and if so for what regions? I would go ANYWHERE.

Simon

PREETGILL
Newly Registered

Re: Will ANY states/territories sponsor teachers for SIR vis

Post by PREETGILL » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:11 pm

crouts81 wrote:Hi

I've just completed a 2 year teacher training degree in Australia because it was supposed to allow me to get Skilled Migration (work experience requirment waived). But they have put the points pass mark up from 115 to 120 on this visa, so I am left with teacher registration in Queensland but no right to work. I've returned to the UK where I'm finding it very difficult to get a teaching job because my Aussie degree does not mean I'm qualified in the UK.

I really want to return to Australia but I can't get skilled migration without years of work experience. However I would be eligible for the SIR visa if a state or territory would sponsor me. Has anybody heard of teachers being sponsored, and if so for what regions? I would go ANYWHERE.

Simon
Hello Simon,
You will still need to satisfy the points test and have the minimum work experience, if you have completed your degree, more then 6 months back. SIR for teachers is availiable with Victoria and SA, (Including Adelaide)
All the best.