ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-IT Degrees Acceptable for Computing Minor?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simonr
Newly Registered

Non-IT Degrees Acceptable for Computing Minor?

Post by simonr » Tue May 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi,

I have a physics degree from the UK and am wondering whether it counts as a "higher qualification with a minor in information technology", as specified by the Australian Computing Society for the skills assessment.

I have the required 6 years of experience and various Sun/Microsoft certifications.

Does anyone know of any none IT degrees that have been accepted as computing minors?

Thanks,

Si
p.s. applying for the independent skilled migrant visa

PREETGILL
Newly Registered

Re: Non-IT Degrees Acceptable for Computing Minor?

Post by PREETGILL » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:15 pm

simonr wrote:Hi,

I have a physics degree from the UK and am wondering whether it counts as a "higher qualification with a minor in information technology", as specified by the Australian Computing Society for the skills assessment.

I have the required 6 years of experience and various Sun/Microsoft certifications.

Does anyone know of any none IT degrees that have been accepted as computing minors?

Thanks,

Si

p.s. applying for the independent skilled migrant visa
Hello Si

ACS still recognises MCSE, if that helps with your work experience of 6 yrs.

Cheers