ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post flight refugee spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

summerroses101
Newly Registered

Post flight refugee spouse

Post by summerroses101 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:51 pm

I recently made an application for my husband who is a post flight spouse, however his application was refused by the UKBA due to article 281 (i) not being met, as the stated that your wife currently has limited leave. I made an appeal sighting recently determination in Upper Tribunal FH (Post-flight spouses) Iran [2010] UKUT 275 (IAC) requesting human rights consideration under Article 8 :( . This has left me stressed and worried if ever I will be reunited with my husband. First tribunal have sent an acknowledgement letter stating they have sent my appeal to country of application. Please advice on what my chances are of getting a positive response.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:57 pm

You have a strong chance of suceeding under article 8 particularly if the only reason your husband was refused is because you are not settled in the UK.

summerroses101
Newly Registered

POST FLIGHT SPOUSE

Post by summerroses101 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Greenie wrote:You have a strong chance of suceeding under article 8 particularly if the only reason your husband was refused is because you are not settled in the UK.
Many thanks for your response and yes it is the only reason that was given regarding refusal. I just wanted to ask, do you think that I will get a response that is positive from the ECO or that the case will have to go before a tribunal to actually get this response.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:17 pm

More likely to get the positive response at the appeal rather than on review by the ECM but it depends on the embassy - where did your husband apply?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

summerroses101
Newly Registered

Post by summerroses101 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

vinny wrote:Good chances.
His application was made in Pretoria, South Africa