ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming asylum seeker

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hashemp
Newly Registered

claiming asylum seeker

Post by hashemp » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:23 pm

hello my brother friends has just arrived in UK and his life is in danger if he goes back to his country
he wants to claim for asylum seeker but he had his fingerprinted taken in Italy by a computer even though he didn't claim there for asylum seeker.

he's scared now to go yo HO and claim for asylum seeker because his fingerprints will come up and he thinks they will deport him back to Italy..

what does he should do and will they deport him back to Italy even though he didn't claim for asylum over there

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 pm

how old is the friend?

does he have any family in the UK?

What country is he from?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: claiming asylum seeker

Post by mochyn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 am

hashemp wrote:hello my brother friends has just arrived in UK and his life is in danger if he goes back to his country
he wants to claim for asylum seeker but he had his fingerprinted taken in Italy by a computer even though he didn't claim there for asylum seeker.

he's scared now to go yo HO and claim for asylum seeker because his fingerprints will come up and he thinks they will deport him back to Italy..

what does he should do and will they deport him back to Italy even though he didn't claim for asylum over there
If he arrived here from Italy then he is not an genuine asylum seeker as that country is safe.
If they link his claim to the fingerprint taken in Italy then his application would fail

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 pm

mochyn wrote:
If he arrived here from Italy then he is not an genuine asylum seeker as that country is safe.
If they link his claim to the fingerprint taken in Italy then his application would fail
Italy has a very poor asylum system and has been heavily criticised for this. Conditions for asylum seekers there are very poor. They have also in the passed refouled people to their country of origin. Theere have been some successful challenges against removal to Italy under the Dublin Regulation.

Just because someone doesnt' claim asylum in the first 'safe' country they get to doesnt automatically mean they are not genuinely in fear in their country of origin. Personally if I was claiming asylum I would want to get as far aware from the country I feared as possible. I would also probably want to go somewhere where I knew someone or knew the language.

The Dublin Regulation has various criteria and whether the person will be returned to Italy will depend on a number of factors, for example, his age, and whether he has family members in the UK.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 pm

The FreeMovement blog summarises recent decisions on asylum removals to third countries like Greece and Italy.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 pm

hashemp wrote: he's scared now to go yo HO .......
So what alternative is he thinking of?

hashemp
Newly Registered

Post by hashemp » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Greenie wrote:
mochyn wrote:
Italy has a very poor asylum system and has been heavily criticised for this. Conditions for asylum seekers there are very poor. They have also in the passed refouled people to their country of origin. Theere have been some successful challenges against removal to Italy under the Dublin Regulation.

Just because someone doesnt' claim asylum in the first 'safe' country they get to doesnt automatically mean they are not genuinely in fear in their country of origin. Personally if I was claiming asylum I would want to get as far aware from the country I feared as possible. I would also probably want to go somewhere where I knew someone or knew the language.

The Dublin Regulation has various criteria and whether the person will be returned to Italy will depend on a number of factors, for example, his age, and whether he has family members in the UK.

well he is 23 and he has a cousin in UK
he told my brother that he decided to go and claim for asylum seeker because he doesn't see any point in staying in UK