ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10 YEAR RULE)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

internev29a
Newly Registered

ILR (10 YEAR RULE)

Post by internev29a » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi all, Who's had the quickest passport return under 10 rule (ILR)??? Does anyone know!!! 10-15 weeks avg is still too long.

Thanks

joh118

Re: ILR (10 YEAR RULE)

Post by joh118 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm

internev29a wrote:Hi all, Who's had the quickest passport return under 10 rule (ILR)??? Does anyone know!!! 10-15 weeks avg is still too long.

Thanks
you do know that 6 months ago, people were waiting for 6 months+ for a decision? You should consider yourself lucky!

I do know one applicant who got it back in 7 weeks....

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:42 pm

On another forum on this website someone had their passport returned yesterday within 4weeks which i think is normal time for straight forward cases coz straight forward student visa cases normally takes 4 weeks whereas UKBA service standard is 14 weeks.
UKBA can take 6months according to their service standards which they probably do take where they have to make a decision on a complicated case.
I sent mine on the 2nd of Feb, money has been taken out of my account. So waiting now.

Thanks

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

internev29a wrote:On another forum on this website someone had their passport returned yesterday within 4weeks which i think is normal time for straight forward cases coz straight forward student visa cases normally takes 4 weeks whereas UKBA service standard is 14 weeks.
UKBA can take 6months according to their service standards which they probably do take where they have to make a decision on a complicated case.
I sent mine on the 2nd of Feb, money has been taken out of my account. So waiting now.

Thanks
You do know there are many diferent routes into ILR? It is normal for a wait time of 4 weeks for 5 year Work Permit route. That is what you probably saw.

The 10 Year Long Residency route is infamous for taking months upon month. There is someone on the forum who waited 1 year only to be refused.

Since december, people are only waiting 10 to 15 weeks for a decision. I know it is long but would you rather wait 10 weeks or 6 months or even 12 months?

Have a look here,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1261

This was the timeline for 10 year LR ILR applicants back in September. Look at it long and hard, stare at it even more and consider yourself lucky that the UKBA has improved wait times under this category....

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks josh, you say...Would i rather wait 10-15 weeks or 6-12 months?

I would rather they speed things up abit more for straight forward applications. Soo many people with straight forward cases could have taken advantage of the premium service but now they can not do that because people with all sorts of problems were using that service. Which ended up in cancellation of that service. Because of handful of people now anyone wishing to apply for ILR should be prepared to wait for months. Just makes me sooo angry.