ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZEN APPLYING 4 INDIAN VISA - HELP ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ENGLANDIA
Newly Registered

BRITISH CITIZEN APPLYING 4 INDIAN VISA - HELP ?

Post by ENGLANDIA » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 am

I moved from England to Surrey Canada in 2005 and am a Permanent Resident . I was born in India and came to England when i was about 7 yrs old.After getting married I applied for British Citizenship in 2000 and got my 1st British passport in 2000 as well.
I got an Indian visa in 2001 and went to India in 2002 and 2004.
After moving to Canada i got a 5 yr Indian visa in 2005 and have been to India 2 times .
I renewed my British passports just this year during Jan and went to the Indian visa office in Surrey to apply for a 5 yr Indian visa . NewProblems :

They asked me to provide my British Naturilzation certificate.
Details of my last Indian passport .
I dont have either or any photocopies as i think my Indian passport was handed in @ the Birmingham Indian visa place back in 2000 but i can,t find any receipts.[ i can,t remember but u guys who live in England must have handed your passports in as well after becoming British].
Ive applied for and got Indian visas 3 times during the last 10 yrs both in England and Canada.
Have the rules been changed for an Indian visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ENGLANDIA
Newly Registered

Re: BRITISH CITIZEN APPLYING 4 INDIAN VISA - HELP ?

Post by ENGLANDIA » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:40 pm

ENGLANDIA wrote:I moved from England to Surrey Canada in 2005 and am a Permanent Resident . I was born in India and came to England when i was about 7 yrs old.After getting married I applied for British Citizenship in 2000 and got my 1st British passport in 2000 as well.
I got an Indian visa in 2001 and went to India in 2002 and 2004.
After moving to Canada i got a 5 yr Indian visa in 2005 and have been to India 2 times .
I renewed my British passports just this year during Jan and went to the Indian visa office in Surrey to apply for a 5 yr Indian visa . NewProblems :

They asked me to provide my British Naturilzation certificate.
Details of my last Indian passport .
I dont have either or any photocopies as i think my Indian passport was handed in @ the Birmingham Indian visa place back in 2000 but i can,t find any receipts.[ i can,t remember but u guys who live in England must have handed your passports in as well after becoming British].
Ive applied for and got Indian visas 3 times during the last 10 yrs both in England and Canada.
Have the rules been changed for an Indian visa.
When did the Indian govt make this new rule requiring this new surrender certificate etc.

Seedy
Newly Registered

Post by Seedy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Basically its an old rule which the Indian government are re-inforcing (more likely to make some rupees!)

Without the Indian Passport you wont get the 5 year visa; best is to apply for the OCI or PIO and get the required documentation from India as stated on Indian Embassy website to prove you are originally Indian.

Or you could just not bother with either and just get tourist visa.