ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending My Degree Certificate After Submitting Applications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Sending My Degree Certificate After Submitting Applications

Post by Luke Persian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 am

Hello Everyone,

This question had been raised before in this forum with some variations, but not sure if the answers apply to me as well.

My Tier2 visa expires on 17th of Feb, and I want to switch to Tier 1 (General). I want to claim points for My PhD degree. I did my defence few weeks ago and I'm waiting for some necessary steps before I can be officially graduated. Then I'm going to ask university to provide me a letter about this.
The problem is that this process may take up to 10 days after I'm submitting my application (on 17th). I wonder if it's possible to send the applications, on that date and then try to get the university letter as soon as possible and send it over later before they make the decision?

Thanks in advance,

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 am

Only documents submitted with your application will be considered. You will not be able to submit documents after you have completed your application at the visa application centre. The visa application centre will not accept applications and supporting documents sent by mail or courier.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Post by Luke Persian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:03 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Only documents submitted with your application will be considered. You will not be able to submit documents after you have completed your application at the visa application centre. The visa application centre will not accept applications and supporting documents sent by mail or courier.
Does this apply only to the same day application? as I'm going to send my application by post within the UK....

bloke

Post by bloke » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi

I submitted my out-of-country tier 1 application on 3rd dec, since i did not have the degree certificate I provided them academic reference letter and academic transcript. In January I received my degree certificate and I called BHC and informed them about the same, when I asked them if I can submit this to them to speed up my application they accepted it. I dont know if it did speed up my application or did it help or not, but they accepted the additional documents as they said that they can accept it as the application was still under process and a decision had not been taken

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Post by Luke Persian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:39 pm

bloke wrote:Hi

I submitted my out-of-country tier 1 application on 3rd dec, since i did not have the degree certificate I provided them academic reference letter and academic transcript. In January I received my degree certificate and I called BHC and informed them about the same, when I asked them if I can submit this to them to speed up my application they accepted it. I dont know if it did speed up my application or did it help or not, but they accepted the additional documents as they said that they can accept it as the application was still under process and a decision had not been taken
Thanks for the reply, however in my case, I'm not sure if I could provide any other letter as there was no course (hence no transcript) for my PhD. I can only provide a reference letter from academic office which may be ready after 17th Feb. I'm not sure but maybe I could explain this in the cover letter, or provide a letter from university that I have done my viva(defence) and in the process of graduation?

bloke

Post by bloke » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Please see this

If your qualification has a significant research bias
If you are claiming points for a qualification with a significant research bias (for example a doctorate) you may be unable to provide an academic transcript. Where the original certificate of award is not available, we will accept an academic reference alone.
The original academic reference must be an original issued by the awarding institution on the official headed paper of the institution and include:
your name;
the title of award;
the date of award, confirming that it will be awarded; and
either the date that the certificate will be issued or confirmation that the institution is unable to reissue the award.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header3

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Post by Luke Persian » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 pm

bloke wrote:Please see this

If your qualification has a significant research bias
If you are claiming points for a qualification with a significant research bias (for example a doctorate) you may be unable to provide an academic transcript. Where the original certificate of award is not available, we will accept an academic reference alone.
The original academic reference must be an original issued by the awarding institution on the official headed paper of the institution and include:
your name;
the title of award;
the date of award, confirming that it will be awarded; and
either the date that the certificate will be issued or confirmation that the institution is unable to reissue the award.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header3

I'm aware of this. The problem is that I'm not able to provide the letter before the application date, and it would be ready a week or max two after I applied. I called Home office and they say that you have to have all the necessary documents by the time you're applying for the first time.