ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer with 6 Year Child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fulginic
Newly Registered

Overstayer with 6 Year Child

Post by fulginic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 am

I am an overstayer with 6 & 4 years children in school, my wife (married in UK) is on limited leave as PSW.

I have Bsc, MSc and PhD all in UK, and a registered Scientist.
I do not want to go back to Ghana my country to apply.
Have been here since 2003
Can I apply to be joined with my wife's limited leave as dependant?
Anybody in my shoe?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Overstayer with 6 Year Child

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 am

fulginic wrote:I am an overstayer with 6 & 4 years children in school, my wife (married in UK) is on limited leave as PSW.

Anybody in my shoe?
Can't see any other option, even if u where here legally u'd still need to switch in ur home country, and meet the maintenance requirements, as other have had to.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 am

if you apply in this country you will get a knock on the door from the UK Border Agency as you have identified yourself as an overstayer and are in this country illegally.
Now you are asking the government to reward for your illegal act by giving you permission to stay and all those who will have endured separation by applying for permission in their home country and then coming to the UK legally would be royally pissed off if you were rewarded for your illegal act.
As it is, the quickest way for you to get permission to stay is to go back to Ghana and apply from there as everybody else does in your position

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 am

mochyn wrote:if you apply in this country you will get a knock on the door from the UK Border Agency as you have identified yourself as an overstayer and are in this country illegally.
Now you are asking the government to reward for your illegal act by giving you permission to stay and all those who will have endured separation by applying for permission in their home country and then coming to the UK legally would be royally pissed off if you were rewarded for your illegal act.
As it is, the quickest way for you to get permission to stay is to go back to Ghana and apply from there as everybody else does in your position
Mochyn, I found something that says about regularization for over stayers with children of 7 years, called 7 year concession which was scrapped last year and replaced with EU Human Right law popularly known as article 8.

You may read this, as your comments sound silly.

http://www.foreignersinuk.co.uk/focus_o ... s_304.html

probably you are British and do not want others to stay here, But you failed it, any commonwealth citizen has the right, there are lots of British in Ghana.

I am seeking to hear from people who used/knows about the article 8 a popular route for overstayers with Children and who has established themselves in the UK and not people like you that condemn people instead of helping them out.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 am

PostMan wrote:
mochyn wrote:if you apply in this country you will get a knock on the door from the UK Border Agency as you have identified yourself as an overstayer and are in this country illegally.
Mochyn, I found something that says about regularization for over stayers with children of 7 years, called 7 year concession which was scrapped last year and replaced with EU Human Right law popularly known as article 8.

probably you are British and do not want others to stay here, But you failed it, any commonwealth citizen has the right, there are lots of British in Ghana.

I am seeking to hear from people who used/knows about the article 8 a popular route for overstayers with Children and who has established themselves in the UK and not people like you that condemn people instead of helping them out.
But u overlook the element of proportionality - how hard is it for the overstayer to return and apply legally? If it's a war-torn country - hard, if not?

And in this case even if legal the OP wouldn't be able to switch to dependant in country.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:34 am

PostMan wrote:

Postman, I think you are refering to Discretionary leave to remain which is a popular route for overstayers to use.The OP has no compelling reason why he cannot return to his own country and apply there.Be advised that to use this route would be detrimental to the OP as the timeline for this application far exceeds that of returning to his own country and applying. The refusal rate for Discretionary leave is around 70% and immigration lawyers cherry pick cases that have succeeded in order to create business for themselves.Any refusal would then jeopardise future visa applications.
Again I say return to your own country is the best way to enter the UK legally

Postman are you an overstayer too?
It sounds like it from your post, only wanting ways to circumvent immigration rules

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 pm

mochyn wrote:
PostMan wrote:

Postman, I think you are refering to Discretionary leave to remain which is a popular route for overstayers to use.The OP has no compelling reason why he cannot return to his own country and apply there.Be advised that to use this route would be detrimental to the OP as the timeline for this application far exceeds that of returning to his own country and applying. The refusal rate for Discretionary leave is around 70% and immigration lawyers cherry pick cases that have succeeded in order to create business for themselves.Any refusal would then jeopardise future visa applications.
Again I say return to your own country is the best way to enter the UK legally

Postman are you an overstayer too?
It sounds like it from your post, only wanting ways to circumvent immigration rules
An overstayer in Britain is a citizen elsewhere.
get a PhD in UK sounds bigger than being a British with NVQ level 2 or no qualification at all.
It does not matter once immigration status, as you do not earn money to be british, what matters is, this forum exists to tackle immigration problem.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:36 am

This forum exists to give information that may or may not benefit the person that is seeking advice but some people seem to ignore advice that they do not like and sometime try to find ways to circumvent the Home Office rules.
Their one last hope is article 8 of the Human Rights Act which is like the proverbial straw that the drowning man grasps at.
People ask for help and are usually grateful for advice given but overstayers who are here illegally are not usually happy with advice given to them as they are invariably told to go home and apply from there but this happens to be good advice but it is not what they want to hear

There are two ways to enter this country , legally or illegally.Legal entrants have the benefit of knowing what route to take whereas illegal entrants or those who overstay only have Article 8 to cling to , a forlorn hope in many cases

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 am

mochyn wrote:This forum exists to give information that may or may not benefit the person that is seeking advice but some people seem to ignore advice that they do not like and sometime try to find ways to circumvent the Home Office rules.
Their one last hope is article 8 of the Human Rights Act which is like the proverbial straw that the drowning man grasps at.
People ask for help and are usually grateful for advice given but overstayers who are here illegally are not usually happy with advice given to them as they are invariably told to go home and apply from there but this happens to be good advice but it is not what they want to hear

There are two ways to enter this country , legally or illegally.Legal entrants have the benefit of knowing what route to take whereas illegal entrants or those who overstay only have Article 8 to cling to , a forlorn hope in many cases
Hear, Hear!

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:50 pm

mochyn wrote:This forum exists to give information that may or may not benefit the person that is seeking advice but some people seem to ignore advice that they do not like and sometime try to find ways to circumvent the Home Office rules.

The best advise received in this forum are ONLY reports from experienced people. The main applicants and not other information that generates from news to news.
Immigration advisers in a forum verify themselves by stating their real name, company name and website. using a nick name means remaining anonymous for non-qualified immigration advisers and people seeking to hear from people concerned.

My post is to hear from the main applicant who passed through this stage. and not to get advise from non-immigration advisers.

And I have gotten that information. Article 8 exists, and nothing anyone can do about it, unless UK pull out of EU.

Non-qualified immigration advises should be on probablity and no guarantee - Remember, cases are handled on its own merit.

Staying in UK illegal does not mean, one entered the UK Illegal, afterall there is no online PhD in UK, it is either Fulltime or PartTime, Whichever one you should show your stay.
For one to achieve a PhD from UK should tell any reader that he is legal during his studies.

In this forum, many legals go illegal and many illegals go legal, status changes, even British by Naturalization can be taken away.
Everyone is born in a country.
It is good for adviser in this forum to answer questions they feel like and not to blame anyone for his/her situation. (answer like a solicitor).

Telling anyone to leave and apply from home is OK, put first, you need to put it as; if there is anything that might stop/prevent such person from applying back from home. because you do not know where I am from

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 pm

fulginic wrote:

The best advise received in this forum are ONLY reports from experienced people. The main applicants and not other information that generates from news to news.
Immigration advisers in a forum verify themselves by stating their real name, company name and website. using a nick name means remaining anonymous for non-qualified immigration advisers and people seeking to hear from people concerned.

My post is to hear from the main applicant who passed through this stage. and not to get advise from non-immigration advisers.

And I have gotten that information. Article 8 exists, and nothing anyone can do about it, unless UK pull out of EU.

Non-qualified immigration advises should be on probablity and no guarantee - Remember, cases are handled on its own merit.

Staying in UK illegal does not mean, one entered the UK Illegal, afterall there is no online PhD in UK, it is either Fulltime or PartTime, Whichever one you should show your stay.
For one to achieve a PhD from UK should tell any reader that he is legal during his studies.

In this forum, many legals go illegal and many illegals go legal, status changes, even British by Naturalization can be taken away.
Everyone is born in a country.
It is good for adviser in this forum to answer questions they feel like and not to blame anyone for his/her situation. (answer like a solicitor).

Telling anyone to leave and apply from home is OK, put first, you need to put it as; if there is anything that might stop/prevent such person from applying back from home. because you do not know where I am from
HRA is nothing to do with EU.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:13 pm

I am confused .
You say that we don't know where you came from but on your original post you say you are from Ghana and since Ghana is a stable country your application under article 8 is likely to fail as going back to your country should not present any problems.
Also by you own admission you are an overstayer.It is difficult to claim ignorance of the rules if you are so highly qualified so you have made a concerted effort to circumvent the rules.
You then stupidly state that Article 8 exists and there is nothing we can do UNLESS UK PULLS OUT OF EU.
If you were to spend time looking for advice given to those overstaying in this country invariably they are told to go back to their own country to apply for a spousal visa as it is the quickest way.
Applying under article 8 of the HRA is pot luck at best, no timeline given.
One may surmise from your reluctance to return home to your own country that you have something to hide, maybe a criminal record, maybe a wife somewhere else, only you know what you want to hide.
As for the forum it is a public forum, you are getting free advice and people are entitled to post what they like as long as it is not offensive or in giving illegal advice.
I suggest if you wish to get a solicitor like answer then pay a solicitor

Your rants are sounding more and more desperate.
Did you get your PHD in Stupidity?

You were told by Wanderer that you cannot switch visas inside the UK and that even if you were legal in this country you would have to return to your country to change your visa status.
Obviously you did not like his answer and chose in your wisdom to ignore a reply from an experienced and valued member of this site and then insult members when you are a newcomer to this site

GO HOME

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Also there are many solicitors who will take your money and give out hope but once they have your money you will hear excuses.
Its like the Nigerian scams

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 am

mochyn wrote:I am confused .
You say that we don't know where you came from but on your original post you say you are from Ghana and since Ghana is a stable country your application under article 8 is likely to fail as going back to your country should not present any problems.
Also by you own admission you are an overstayer.It is difficult to claim ignorance of the rules if you are so highly qualified so you have made a concerted effort to circumvent the rules.
You then stupidly state that Article 8 exists and there is nothing we can do UNLESS UK PULLS OUT OF EU.
If you were to spend time looking for advice given to those overstaying in this country invariably they are told to go back to their own country to apply for a spousal visa as it is the quickest way.
One may surmise from your reluctance to return home to your own country that you have something to hide, maybe a criminal record, maybe a wife somewhere else, only you know what you want to hide.
As for the forum it is a public forum, you are getting free advice and people are entitled to post what they like as long as it is not offensive or in giving illegal advice.

You were told by Wanderer that you cannot switch visas inside the UK and that even if you were legal in this country you would have to return to your country to change your visa status.
Obviously you did not like his answer and chose in your wisdom to ignore a reply from an experienced and valued member of this site and then insult members when you are a newcomer to this site

GO HOME
You never cost of going home and what it entails. You never know why people do not want to go and want to apply in UK, if you have paid tickets of £700 x 6, then you will know what I am talking about.

Anyway, Wisemen pick advises only from people involved and not ghost members.
My representations, is only trying to help a friend find cost effective alternative. Ghana is stable, but article 8 application when there is are children above 8 years already in school has ground.
Let us not take it personal, as I am not the person involve, we are here to help others, as the posting has stated that the person do not want to go back. his reasons is best known to him and for you to judge.
If you have your idea through it out and not to blame anybody's condition

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:13 am

mochyn wrote:Also there are many solicitors who will take your money and give out hope but once they have your money you will hear excuses.
Its like the Nigerian scams
Do not abuse any country. Scams is everywhere, after all the word SCAM is not a Nigerian or African Language, but English, which means it exist here.
But the problem is some unknown people use this legitimate business process for scam, and it has expanded to involve many people, even British participate in the scam as you talk about.
They do it timidly, but the British do it wisely, What will you call the MP's saga about public fund within the recent months?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:47 am

fulginic wrote:

GO HOME
You never cost of going home and what it entails. You never know why people do not want to go and want to apply in UK, if you have paid tickets of £700 x 6, then you will know what I am talking about.

My representations, is only trying to help a friend find cost effective alternative. Ghana is stable, but article 8 application when there is are children above 8 years already in school has ground.
Let us not take it personal, as I am not the person involve, we are here to help others, as the posting has stated that the person do not want to go back. his reasons is best known to him and for you to judge.
Eh, where's this 'friend' come from - are we not talking about you? And kids over 8, u said urs are 6 and 4? And 6 flights? Why six?

I smell a troll or an extremely confused person.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 am

yay a troll! I love trolls!!!
I tell it like it is.

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:
fulginic wrote:

GO HOME

Eh, where's this 'friend' come from - are we not talking about you? And kids over 8, u said urs are 6 and 4? And 6 flights? Why six?

In African, we are proud we can do it, when you have any child 6- 8, their will be others - 4, 2 and probably another under 12months, and their is a wife too. (this is 85%) meaning correct.

In HO, considering life in the UK and Children, the elderest is the used for consideration as they have established themselves in school.

You are more confused as you seem not using your brain well to guest, rather waiting to be told the black and white.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 pm

fulginic wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
fulginic wrote:

GO HOME

In African, we are proud we can do it, when you have any child 6- 8, their will be others - 4, 2 and probably another under 12months, and their is a wife too. (this is 85%) meaning correct.

In HO, considering life in the UK and Children, the elderest is the used for consideration as they have established themselves in school.

You are more confused as you seem not using your brain well to guest, rather waiting to be told the black and white.

The bottom line is that if you rely on Article 8 , you are not allowed to work until it is granted and your wife's limited leave as PSW will more than likely have expired by the time it would be granted which is very unlikely.You can both go home together or if we are lucky you will be caught and deported

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:43 pm

You state that it is your concern to find a cost effective method alternative to be allowed to live in the UK.
The most cost effective method is for the registered Scientist to buy ONE ticket to his home country.Then apply for a spousal visa which would be very quickly approved as evidenced by many other overstayers on this site.There are many success stories here to read

BUT THE OVERSTAYER IN THIS SITUATION IS NOT INTERESTED IN DOING THIS THE EASY WAY

Bsc, MSc, PhD qualifications gained in the UK but NO COMMON SENSE

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

mochyn wrote:You state that it is your concern to find a cost effective method alternative to be allowed to live in the UK.
The most cost effective method is for the registered Scientist to buy ONE ticket to his home country.Then apply for a spousal visa which would be very quickly approved as evidenced by many other overstayers on this site.There are many success stories here to read

BUT THE OVERSTAYER IN THIS SITUATION IS NOT INTERESTED IN DOING THIS THE EASY WAY

Bsc, MSc, PhD qualifications gained in the UK but NO COMMON SENSE
They must be giving PhD's out to anyone these days, the OP don't even talk proper English like what I do.

I misread the OP first post - he's got no option to return to switch overstayer or not - if ur switching to dependant it cannot be done in-country anyway.

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 am

mochyn wrote:You state that it is your concern to find a cost effective method alternative to be allowed to live in the UK.

Bsc, MSc, PhD qualifications gained in the UK but NO COMMON
SENSE
If you have forgotten, from 2002 is not more deportation for overstayers, but administrative removal.
People will continue to be illegal in the UK, afterall foreigners makes the better of UK, British are are not in UK, they are in Australia, Canada, USA and even Africa.
UK is hot, and requires qualification to earn money.

Non asylum over stayers are not removed from UK, and when Children are involve it gets difficult.
Read this
http://www.foreignersinuk.co.uk/guides- ... k_348.html

And the person talking to you is British don't be afraid, I only want to help a friend find solution, that why I posted his problem here, search my posting, you can see many of different kinds, I get information and give feedback to people that asked me.

fulginic
Newly Registered

Post by fulginic » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 am

Mochyn and others, Good News, I have my 3 years DL, UK need the brightest of immigrants, thats the mission of the Tier Based System.
What do you think the HO will be waiting to receive Doctors from Abroad when they have a Doctor here with british experience EH!?

pennylessinindia

Re: Overstayer with 6 Year Child

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:48 am

fulginic wrote:I am an overstayer with 6 & 4 years children in school, my wife (married in UK) is on limited leave as PSW.

Anybody in my shoe?
so on what basis did you get this given your "wife" has limited leave as a PSW
pennyless

Brown212

Post by Brown212 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:50 am

fulginic wrote:Mochyn and others, Good News, I have my 3 years DL, UK need the brightest of immigrants, thats the mission of the Tier Based System.
What do you think the HO will be waiting to receive Doctors from Abroad when they have a Doctor here with british experience EH!?
Congratulation, i'm sure Mochyn and wonderrer wont be happy with this news of yours, I dont know why they both have problem with people applying For DLR under article8.