ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC documents checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MIM
Newly Registered

BC documents checklist

Post by MIM » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Me and my son are eligible for BC

1. WP (3 years) + Tier 1 (2 years) + ILR December 2009

and I have decided to apply for it now.

As per my understanding and looking at the forum the required documents are as below :

For My son (3.5 years)

1. Form MN1
2. Passport
3. Birth Certificate
4. marriage certificate

For Me

1. Form AN
2. Passport
3 LITUK certificate

Is this correct ? Would it help the case worker or expedite the process if I provide any more documents e.g. P60/payslips/bank statements/bills etc. ?

MIM
Newly Registered

Post by MIM » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Any opinions ?

MIM
Newly Registered

Post by MIM » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:48 pm

BTW I am probably not liked very much on this forum :-) I am surprised that no body responded.... any way... I checked with UKBA and they said under my circumstances The documents required are :

1. Form MN1
2. Passport
3. Birth Certificate
4. marriage certificate
5. One of the parents' Passport with ILR stamped on it.

For Me

1. Form AN
2. Passport
3 LITUK certificate

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 am

If you apply for the BC for both you and your kid, your passport will anyhow be included. The list looks OK as long as you are an employee and pay the tax by PAYE.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Oops !! Am I in trouble for not sending my or my wife's passports with my daughter's application (3 years) ?

Similar type of application scenario as MIM but I have already sent it to ukba for my daughter's registratoin as a british citizen under section 1(3) separately.

The document list on the UKBA website does not list one of the parents' passport with ILR stamp does it ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Cisadi wrote:Oops !! Am I in trouble for not sending my or my wife's passports with my daughter's application (3 years) ?

Similar type of application scenario as MIM but I have already sent it to ukba for my daughter's registratoin as a british citizen under section 1(3) separately.

The document list on the UKBA website does not list one of the parents' passport with ILR stamp does it ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/
Even I could not find that requirement anywhere. You should be OK I think Cisadi

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:36 pm

If there is someone who has applied for their child’s registration as British citizenship under section 1(3) without parents' passport with ILR stamp, please share your experience, so that I can relax a bit :-(.

Thanks.