ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT, Complicated case... please anyone help!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

VERY URGENT, Complicated case... please anyone help!!

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:13 am

Hello All,

I hope many of u have read my earlier posts.

I wanted to ask you a few questions regarding the proof for last 12 months earning. I would be claiming points for my earnings in Pakistan before my being a student in France. The proof that I am submitting is:

1. Computer generated wage slips of 12 months with Company stamp and accountant signature (they are not on company letterhead). Do I need to get them notarized as well, even if they are original and not photocopies?

2. Original Letter from company accountant on company letterhead mentioning my salary breakup and tax deducted. Trying to get the visiting card of Accountant to pin to it.

3. Original Letter from company on company letterhead mentioning the dates and my gross salary and signed by the CEO. Visiting card of CEO is also pinned to it.

4. Original Bank Statements supposed to show my salary cheques being debited in the account. There is a little problem in this and that is sometimes my company gave me salary in two parts and sometimes it was delayed for 2 months even, so dates are not accordingly. What do u think? Also the total amount of 12 months might not be equivalent to the total amount in the letters above, because my company paid the arrears laters.

Will the above evidence suffice? I cannot provide them with my income tax returns. It is impossible for me to give tax returns. That is the reason I am being very careful in this past earnings section. Kindly can you let me know how does my case in this section look? I would be highly obliged to see if any of the expert moderators like kayalami, cosmopol, chess etc. respond to it and would be very thankful to you for your earliest response.

I know I am a passive user of this group but as soon as I submit my application. I will try to be more active and respond to other peoples for their problems as well.

Thanks and Regards,
nanji

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:19 pm

Nanji,

1. Computer generated with company seal & signature seems ok. Could you not manage the prints on company letter head ? Not mandatory but recommended. No need for notarizing orginal doc.

2. This one seems perfect

3. Perfect too.

4. In case of the arrears and split salary entries in your bank statement, put a note as a covering note on top of your earning docs explaining the same. That way the case worker can look for all the salary entries instead of looking for 1 per month.

Why can't you show tax returns, surely you've been paying tax either thru the company or otherwise ?
Mini

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:50 pm

my 0.02 cents,

1. o.k - no need to notarise.

2 and 3 - more or less the same document. Both o.k.

4. mismatch between income and bank credit dates a red flag for HSMP Team - you need to show earned income definitively covers '12 month period' beyond the letters in 2 and 3. Do you have an appointment letter giving per annum salary?

5. lack of income tax returns/ details another red flag - I would recommend you get this resolved since IMHO you are likely to get a further request for it from the HSMP Team.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:23 pm

Tax returns are not possible because of following reasons:

Our company was going through a bad time then and did not submit taxes on time even though they deducted and went through penality and stuff for paying late taxes. So there is a problem of dates and the situation is very complicated. I wont be able to explain all that in my cover letter I think. Also the tax reciept that they recevied for payment of taxes has all the employee names and there confidential information, so they are not willing to give that.

Regarding the tax return form that I submitted I don't have the original docs because I din't care about the taxes and stuff when I started my job and thought I would never need them and have lost them. I know its my mistake. But its no crying over spilt milk now!

In Pakistan contacting the Income Tax department for all this info etc...is almost impossible because of the red tape involved.

Regarding the payslips, I did manage to have my payslips remade though, from the company, but never thought of having them made on the letterhead. Though I can try that again to get them on the letterhead. but it would cost me one week more and I am already too late in the queue.

Please help... I am really depressed! What chances do I have to score 25 points in this category? Because without these points I dont succeed.

Regards,
nanji

Cane

Post by Cane » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:39 pm

Nanji,

I may be missing something, but if you are talking about the last 12 months earnings (say July 2003 to June 2004), then as per my understanding income taxes are not due yet. Doesnt the fiscal year in Pakistan run from June to July with the tax due date bieng the subseqent end of September? So the income tax return for you for this period is not due till September 30 this year.

Of course it is important that you show them that taxes have been withheld at the appropriate rate, and it sounds like your documentation is okay in that regard.

Cane

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:11 am

Thanks a lot mini and kayalami for the enlightment. That was very helpful! I am trying my best but income tax returns seem not possible for the moment neither can I do any thing about the dates in the bank statements.

What if I just submit the photocopy of my income tax return form that I submitted to the tax authorities here. I dont have the receipt of the income tax department which I think is the part of the income tax return. Correct me if I am wrong?. I might be able to find a copy of just the filled form with my employer. It does have my gross salary, the taxable income, the income tax deducted and all the other financial stuff etc. mentioned on it and it has the accountant signature and the company stamp as well. But I dont have the original of that form, I might have lost it or I dont know where it is. Will it work? Please help me what should I do. Is it worth applying at all? This is really very difficult and depressing!!

Kayalami: Regarding the appointment letter, yes I do have a promotion letter showing my monthly gross salary (it does not show per annum salary). What good can that do?

Cane: I am showing my past earnings before becoming a student in April 2003. So I will be showing my earnings from april 2002 to april 2003.

:(
nanji

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:12 am

In absence of anything else you can notarise the copy of the tax return. Maybe it will work.

In my opinion you should attempt to get your payslips on letter head and also try and get a a salary certificate from your company on their letterhead with all annual components. Also try and expediate the receipt of tax from the authorities.

To save yourself the delay of 1 week, you can send the information as is right now and then re-send on letter head after sometime as additional information. This can save you the wait queue.

Maybe Kayalami would like to comment on this ?
Mini