ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Canada visa Help required

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Applying for Canada visa Help required

Post by Ashley_m » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife want to immigrate to Canada but don't know which way of immigration is better for us.
Am falling into NOC 2282-B ( user support ). I hold a Microsoft Certified Professional. And i have at least 10 years IT experience.
My wife is under NOC 1431-C / NOC 1231-B and she has 5 yrs accounting role experience.
We both have English and French Skills. ( Written and oral ). My Wife is doing her ACCA and she is doing the level 3 nw ( last level ).

Are we qualified for Skilled worker or Quebec skilled worker ? Which one is better and if you would recommend another option please.

Any help will be much appreciated.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for Canada visa Help required

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Ashley_m wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife want to immigrate to Canada but don't know which way of immigration is better for us.
Am falling into NOC 2282-B ( user support ). I hold a Microsoft Certified Professional. And i have at least 10 years IT experience.
My wife is under NOC 1431-C / NOC 1231-B and she has 5 yrs accounting role experience.
We both have English and French Skills. ( Written and oral ). My Wife is doing her ACCA and she is doing the level 3 nw ( last level ).

Are we qualified for Skilled worker or Quebec skilled worker ? Which one is better and if you would recommend another option please.

Any help will be much appreciated.
To immigrate under Federal programme, you need to either have a government (HRSDC) approved job in Canada ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ly-who.asp ) or at least one year experience in list of occupation that are approved for the programme. Currently, there are 29 occupation that are in that list ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... s.asp#list ), and none of the occupations you mentioned (2282, 1431, 1231) are on that list.

That would mean that you would need HRSDC approved job offer in Canada.

You may want to self-assess yourself on the CIC website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... /index.asp

If your French is good, than Quebec may be more suitable for you. More information on Quebec is available at:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

There is a self evaluation for Quebec at:

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.c ... ageCode=en

Ray

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

quebec immigration

Post by Ashley_m » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Do we need job arrangement before apply for quebec and can we apply for quebec skilled worker even if our jobs is not in the 29 occupations list for canada skilled worker program.

We did the evaluation test for quebec for skilled worker and we both passed but am not sure if its correct as i don't know if our jobs needs to be in the 29 occupations or not for quebec.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: quebec immigration

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Ashley_m wrote:Do we need job arrangement before apply for quebec and can we apply for quebec skilled worker even if our jobs is not in the 29 occupations list for canada skilled worker program.

We did the evaluation test for quebec for skilled worker and we both passed but am not sure if its correct as i don't know if our jobs needs to be in the 29 occupations or not for quebec.
29 occupation list is only for the federal programme. Quebec will give you additional points for arranged employment, but if you score enough points for Quebec, you may not need a job offer.

If Quebec selects you, federal goverment will only run security and medical checks, and would not be concerned with a job offer.

Ray

Ashley_m
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Ashley_m » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 am

Thank you very much for your response

chrisM
Newly Registered

Post by chrisM » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:00 am

Hi Ashely,

Oasis Immigration Network assists you in navigating the Canadian Immigration System, which is a LOW COST service to immigration applicants. This includes an initial assessment for immigration applicants. This assessment is accompanied by a direct connection to a government approved consultant. This is again a service our organization provides to qualified candidates..

Hope this will help you,
all the best..!!