ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLYING TO UK BUT NO ADDRESS YET

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

etrade

FLYING TO UK BUT NO ADDRESS YET

Post by etrade » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 pm

last week i have got tier1 vissa(with the grace of GOD).next week i m flying to uk.i m planning to book any hotel for 1st 2 or 3 days in uk(in the meantime i try to search for any permanenet accomodation as i dont have any friends in uk).
i heard that after landing on airport, immigration ask for ur place to stay in uk...so my question is that the hotel address for my first accomodation will be ok or do i need to give some friends detail specifically.and do i need to book the hotel in advance or can i go to any hotel.
pls do comment.....

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi mate

There is no requirement like this. You can come without any booking and can stay in any hotel you like.

Once here you can find your permanent accommodation .

I will suggest you to visit gumtree site where you can find out a lot of information about houses and rooms.

Best of luck

etrade

Post by etrade » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:45 pm

thx for replying , but i heard that on arrival to uk they give u a little form to fill and ask for any contact details of the poeple, u know in uk and thier addresses? and as i mention before...i dont know any one in uk.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: FLYING TO UK BUT NO ADDRESS YET

Post by *FC* » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:57 pm

etrade wrote:last week i have got tier1 vissa(with the grace of GOD).next week i m flying to uk.i m planning to book any hotel for 1st 2 or 3 days in uk(in the meantime i try to search for any permanenet accomodation as i dont have any friends in uk).
i heard that after landing on airport, immigration ask for ur place to stay in uk...so my question is that the hotel address for my first accomodation will be ok or do i need to give some friends detail specifically.and do i need to book the hotel in advance or can i go to any hotel.
pls do comment.....
I don't quite understand your confidence of finding a home to live in the first 3 days of your arrival here.

Are you willing to pay the whole rent for the year in advance? Do you already have a UK bank account? Have you already landed yourself a job in the UK?

May be, those are a few questions for the starters....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:44 am

Write down on there wherever you plan on going when you arrive. You are surely not just going to arrive and then try to find something?

You can write the name of the hotel/hostel/B&B where you made a booking at.

ukukukuk2011

Re: FLYING TO UK BUT NO ADDRESS YET

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 am

Mate , dont try to book hotels after you come here unless you are coming with a 50,000 £ :)....I was in same plate when i came here 7 years back for first time ....I thought it is like India where in you can just come and book . I reached UK and was wandering from hotels to hotels with my luggage and Taxi and finally i ended up booking 300 / day hotel as all travellodge was full and the taxi guy took 70 £ ..i was there for a week as i could not get any accomodation that fast .....So i ended up paying 2800 as hotel .....Then realised the blunder and jumped to YMCA sort of accomodation for 14 days @ 13£/day which was so rubbish and dangerous and finally got a house after 15 days ....

Food and accomodation are wallet emptier in UK ....

so in short , book a cheap accomdation from India itself and pass that adress in the form......

etrade wrote:last week i have got tier1 vissa(with the grace of GOD).next week i m flying to uk.i m planning to book any hotel for 1st 2 or 3 days in uk(in the meantime i try to search for any permanenet accomodation as i dont have any friends in uk).
pls do comment.....

etrade

Post by etrade » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 pm

i will try to find any cheap accomodation for first few days....but is there any one else, in the same situation can give me any other suggestions......

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 pm

As it is a hotel you plan to stay for a week or so, try these places as they are cheap (not the cheapest) but are used frequently by many people

Premier Inn
Travelodge
Ibis - slightly higher but you can get good deals if you look

The above groups have hotels all over the UK and you can book your room online by choosing exactly what you want without any extras. You also get a discount for booking in advance rather than last minute

KP

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rizash76 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:35 pm

u can use this address: [Edit: content deleted by Moderator]
if u are arriving in london or birmingham. save address. just giving u faver. then you move into hotel.
regards