ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying week before Tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Marrying week before Tier1 extension

Post by rshelar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Ok, heres the problem and appreciate any responses.

I have got an inperson appointment for Tier 1 Extension on the 24th Feb. I am not in UK from 7th Feb to 23rd Feb. I am getting married just a week before that out of UK. At the time of application I will not be having any proof of marriage (read certificate). Should I write myself as single or married ? If I write as married will I need to provide any proof ?

Technically I will be married but I am not applying for any dependent visa. My spouse is already in UK on a student visa.

Also, there is news that after 6th April people on Tier 1 Dependent will not be allowed to work ? Is that true ?

My last question is regarding the 800 pound maintenance. My statements run from the 21st to 20th of every month. So when I apply on the 24th I will not be having the latest statement and the last one I have will be till 20th Jan.
I am going out of the UK on 7th Feb and coming back on 23rd, just a day before my appointment. I plan to keep the entire application ready before I go out of UK and submit it the next day when I come back. Can I get a bank statement printed and stamped from the 20th Jan to the 6th Feb and submit that along with all past statements on the 24th for maintenance ?

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi,
As the guidance states:
- the proofs can be atmost one month old from the date of application.

- Estatements are accepted only if they are stamped on each page.

- better is get ad-hoc statement from bank stationery earlies you can..

rgds,
sharbt_hvr

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks.

I am planning to get the statements printed from the bank on a normal paper but signed and stamped by them on each page.

I have done that in the past as well...

but this will only be half of the period till 7th Feb and I am doing the application on the 24th.

Anyone regarding the other queries please ?