ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of Language and Life Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Knowledge of Language and Life Test

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 pm

I've tried the search option and couldn't really find an answer; initially was on HSMP and after the extension I'm currently on Tier 1 (G) and will qualify for ILR in October.

I'm a bit confused about the new Knowledge of Language and Life requirements. I know I need to give the Life in the UK test but what is the new ESOL language requirement?

Do I need to give this test?
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:59 am

New English language testing for partners is not required for ILR applications.

KOL is required for ILR applications, unless exempted or affected by the HSMP Forum judicial review.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.