ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Tier 4 application returned invalid because

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Najeeb
Newly Registered

My Tier 4 application returned invalid because

Post by Najeeb » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi dear,
can any one advise me what gonna happen next; my Tier 4 application has returned invalid because they said the page 18 was missing and I didnt book my BIOM appointment.
I have sent all the pages of Tier 4 application and I didnt recieved any letter for BIOM appointment.
so what should I do now ? my visa is already expired on 31 Dec 10 .

thanks for your advices

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Gosh! Same things are happening with other applicants as per following:

1. CAS was valid but UKBA case worker did not read CAS number properly and refused application.
2. ECO refused entry clearance application due to bank statement was missing, even bank statement was submitted.
3. Invalid photographs. Even everything was fine with photos.
4. ECO refused entry clearance on the basis of shortage of funds without reading bank statement.
5. Bank/credit card details was "OK" but they did not take the application fee out cause of wrong details and returned application.

Mostly they do that when visa date expired as on re-apply, if application refused there will be no right of appeal given due to out of time application.

I think they start playing tricky games with students.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Najeeb

I think you can try once again by sending the full completed application back to Ukba.But make sure you do this with a help of good solicitor/consultant.If every thing is fine you will get the visa.

Reason Why I am suggesting about solicitor because if there is some thing happen again with your application than Ukba will not give you right of appeal due to late application.

Don,t take any risk now.

Nomi Ali
Newly Registered

Eligibility of Tier1(PSW)

Post by Nomi Ali » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:12 pm

My friend applied for Tier4(Student) visa extension a month before his visa expired i.e. 30th Oct 2010. He had already submitted his project and hence wasnot on a taught programme at the time of applying. He was only waiting for his results and also intended to attend his convocation.

He didnot supply his CAS number as that didnot apply to him.UKBA returned application stating application is invalid as CAS number is required.
He reapplied, along with the letter from uni confirming that CAS number donot apply to him as he is not attending any taught programme at the moment. UKBA this time rejected visa stating there is no CAS number hence you dont get points for being a student.
Before UKBA rejected his second application, he had received his masters degree. Now he is able to apply for Tier1(PSW) visa.

I wanted to know, in the light of above situation is he eligible to apply for PSW visa? as in guidance notes its written one should be switching form a category e.g. student, student resitting exams, writing thesis and etc. to make an initial PSW application.

Please reply urgently. I will really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Regards
ALI

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm

if he doesnt have valid leave at the time of making psw application... then he cant apply for psw

regards

Nomi Ali
Newly Registered

applying for PSW in 12 months period after completing degree

Post by Nomi Ali » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 am

arsenal49 wrote:if he doesnt have valid leave at the time of making psw application... then he cant apply for psw

regards
Arsenal,
Thanks for your quick reply, a question arises in head, students can apply for PSW in 12 months period after completing their degree. some leave UK, their student leave expires meanwhile, but still they can apply.

I think this is almost the same situation. What are your views?

Regards
Ali

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:25 pm

i don't know you case but yes u can apply for psw as long as your degree was awarded in last 12 months.

govt. is planning to change laws in april so keep an eye on new rules to be implemented after april 2011

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Firstly it's not correct that your friend did not require a cas when he made his tier 4 application. All applicants for tier 4 need a cas. You can't get a cas if you have completed your studies and so your friend should've returned home to wait for his results.

Unfortunately if if returns home and applies for his psw from there he is likely to be refused and subject to a mandatory refusal and a ban for one year as he has overstayed for more than 28 days.

I would suggest that he applies from within the UK as there is no requirement for the applicant to have valid leave to make a psw application. The rules states that the applicant must have or have last been granted leave in one of the relevant categories. He must make a
perfect application because he won't get a right of appeal he refused

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 am

Greenie wrote: .

I would suggest that he applies from within the UK as there is no requirement for the applicant to have valid leave to make a psw application. The rules states that the applicant must have or have last been granted leave in one of the relevant categories. He must make a
perfect application because he won't get a right of appeal he refused
that is such a blanket statement...

its totally at the discretion of the caseworker, to look into your app or just reject it . there is a para which allows caseworker to refuse application if someone has overstayed.

By virtue of para, ( i think 320B) he would most definitely fall under general grounds of refusal and possibly face 1 year ban, whether he applies from UK or outside UK.

cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 am

Paragraph 320 7b refers to application for entry clearance or leave to enter only. The mandatory bans only apply to applications made outside the UK.

Paragraph 245z of the immigration rules sets out the requirements for leave to remain under psw. Para 245z f) is the requirement i was quoting from - not making a' blanket statement'- that the applicant must have or have last been granted leave to enter or remain in a relevant category.

Nomi Ali
Newly Registered

tier1 (PSW) application

Post by Nomi Ali » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks guys for your replies. Definitely if its a ban imposing situation when applying from outside, then i'll ask him to apply from here.

denise vanessa
Newly Registered

tier 4 visa

Post by denise vanessa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 am

Hey guys,

my tier 4 visa application was returned invalid because some of my bank details were wrong and they couldnt take the fees from my bank account,they say i can reapply again, does anybody know how long do i have to apply again?as i need my parents documents and it will take me 1 week to have it here in London.

thanks