ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misspelt name on the citizenship invitation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Teacup
Newly Registered

Misspelt name on the citizenship invitation

Post by Teacup » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi,

I have just received my citizenship invitation that shows the personal details that will appear on the certificate. Now, they have misspelt my name at birth. It says that I should still attend the ceremony and return the certificate to them for amendment. Does this mean that I cannot apply for passport on the same day as my ceremony? My full name is spelt correctly, but name at birth is incorrect.

Has anyone been in the same situation before? Please advise urgently as I could rebook my ceremony for the 7th Monday to speed up things. My current ceremony date is the 21st of feb.

Thanks
Teacup

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:32 pm

My country of birth was incorrect, I attended the ceremony anyway, received my incorrect certificate, posted it back to the UKBA, and received a new one about a week or so later. I used this to apply for the passport.
Hope this helps.

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you for your reply andreachen. I will be attending the ceremony tomorrow, will post it back to them for correction.

Regards,
Teacup