ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric residence id

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

biometric residence id

Post by tuxgeeg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi all,
I have applied from Tier 1 general. I did my biometric on 22 Jan and now received a card from DX secure to collect a delivery from them. I suspect it is my biometric id.
The question I have is after I collect my id, do I need to do anything else like sending acknowledgement etc to get my application processed?
Because if yes, then I would have to take time-off from work and do that immediately. Else I will do that at a date suitable for me.

Thanks in advance
sean

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Yes it's likely to be your biometric residence card. If this is the case then your application has been granted so there is nothing else you need to do for your application to be processed as it has already been processed.

Your passport and other original documents will be returned separately by royal mail.

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks Greenie for the quick reply and also the good news.
I was worried that my application is not under consideration yet because the waiting times page says they have started considering applications from this monday where "Biometric information has been given on or before the 23 January 2011 by the applicants." and I did it on 22nd.

But nice to know this. So usually how long it takes to get the visa and documents back???
Sorry to bombard you with questions..

Thanks in advance
sean

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:57 pm

well the visa (the biometric residence permit) will be with DX so as long as it takes for you to collect it from them or arrange a redelivery.

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:28 pm

ohh ok cool..correct me if I am wrong.. so BRP means that the leave has been granted and its kind of a visa.. but passport and other docs would come later..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

yes BRP arrives separately from passport etc. Usually you would get the passport and covering letter first from UKBA via royal mail but sometimes it is the other way around which appears to be the case for you. There are no guarantees though so until you have written confirmation/the BRP in your hand don't get too excited.

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 pm

ok..thanks for the warning.. lets hope everything works out fine..