ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

received TIER I GENERAL visa !!;-)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visaforus

received TIER I GENERAL visa !!;-)

Post by visaforus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:33 pm

hello all,

by grace of almighty allah we received our tier 1 general visa yesterday that is on the 29th of jan after a long wait of 10 weeks. i will bore here by the story so that others may probably find it helpful.

my husband was the main applicant. he applied by person at PEO sheffield as premium appt but unfortunately the said they are holding applicaton back for further checks. at that time they said it would take 2 weeks which obviously it did not. this was on the 24th of Nov.

he had applied as self employment + salary. on the very next day that is 25th nov we received a call from the case worker , asking for invoices.

we sent it on the following monday by spl delivery.

then in dec one of my husbands clients was sent a letter by ukba, asking to verify the job done and other details , which he did. he informed as about it around same time, our worry was he sent it by normal mail first class, we were worried that if it reached or no.

it was weeks now after that verification letter was sent that finally our pp came. we went thru a lotsa disappointmenst in this time. on 17th jan we were suppose to travel to india for my husband's brother's wedding, we were looking forward to it so much, but we finally had to cancel and loose money , as passport had nt come still then. it was a very down time as my husband never thought he would miss his closest brother's wedding for anything. ne ways as Allah knows best, atleast now we can sleep peacefully that the visa has come.

thank you al, and i wish all others good luck and a lotsa patience !!

sunny!!!

Re: received TIER I GENERAL visa !!;-)

Post by sunny!!! » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:51 pm

visaforus wrote:hello all,

by grace of almighty allah we received our tier 1 general visa yesterday that is on the 29th of jan after a long wait of 10 weeks. i will bore here by the story so that others may probably find it helpful.

my husband was the main applicant. he applied by person at PEO sheffield as premium appt but unfortunately the said they are holding applicaton back for further checks. at that time they said it would take 2 weeks which obviously it did not. this was on the 24th of Nov.

he had applied as self employment + salary. on the very next day that is 25th nov we received a call from the case worker , asking for invoices.

we sent it on the following monday by spl delivery.

then in dec one of my husbands clients was sent a letter by ukba, asking to verify the job done and other details , which he did. he informed as about it around same time, our worry was he sent it by normal mail first class, we were worried that if it reached or no.

it was weeks now after that verification letter was sent that finally our pp came. we went thru a lotsa disappointmenst in this time. on 17th jan we were suppose to travel to india for my husband's brother's wedding, we were looking forward to it so much, but we finally had to cancel and loose money , as passport had nt come still then. it was a very down time as my husband never thought he would miss his closest brother's wedding for anything. ne ways as Allah knows best, atleast now we can sleep peacefully that the visa has come.

thank you al, and i wish all others good luck and a lotsa patience !!
Excellent, MashaAllah very happy to know that you have got the visa now. I think I had a chance to read your previous comments in the other posts last month.
I will be going to Sheffield PEO very soon, and I am also due to attend the wedding abroad at the beginning of April. This is the reason I have chosen to go through PEO, but your story is quite scary for me.
I also have employed and self employed earnings, as you have just mentioned that they asked for the invoices on the day, didn't you provide the invoices in the first instance? Was there anything else complicated with your application?
Or is there anything you would like to suggest me please?
Many thanks in advance.
Sunny

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 pm

hello sunny .

thanks for your wishes.

im nt sure but i think we kept other 2 compulsory supporting evidences for self-employed so we didnt bother abt invoices, but obvsly looks like case worker needed it to contact our clients. so it was lucky that he called us and asked them .

ne ways at this point i would just suggest to you, not to book tickets unless you have ur passport back

do try to write a cover letter (i think ter wud be format sumwer on tis forum) about each section of points you are claimiing and next to it what evidences you have included for each of the points claimed.

make seperate bundles of ur documents with sticky notes on top so that wen case worker is doing verification checks , he has the relevant documents sorted , as from what i've read here even wen the case worker is confused they lead to rejection.

on your bank statements try to highlight the relevant transactions from clients or ur job pay amount with a highlighter so its easy for the case worker to find them .

this is wat i cud advice on, inshallah u'll be fine.
all d best

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Nice to hear about the beautiful ending of painful story..I have been waiting for my wife tier1 (switch from tier2 dep to tier1) visa from last 11 weeks ..since it was applied in India and we are still waiting for the result...Uncertainty is evil and hence couldn't buy travel ticket till visa is stamped....

God bless u ...

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

rajmycontact wrote:Nice to hear about the beautiful ending of painful story..I have been waiting for my wife tier1 (switch from tier2 dep to tier1) visa from last 11 weeks ..since it was applied in India and we are still waiting for the result...Uncertainty is evil and hence couldn't buy travel ticket till visa is stamped....

God bless u ...

thanks rajmycontact..alld best too !