ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few days over 180 maximum days outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dschmidt00
Newly Registered

A few days over 180 maximum days outside UK

Post by dschmidt00 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi,

I have two questions regarding time spent outside of the UK.

I have been absent from the UK for 185 days in the past 5 years, so just a few more days than the 180 maximum. This is taking into not including travel days (departure date and return date). Will this be a problem? Will they be flexible with just 5 days over?

Regarding the 5-year period, do you count any absence within the preceeding 5-years from your application for IDL? Or is it absences since you first arrived in the country on your visa? In my case I arrived in the UK in Sept 2005, however if I apply for IDL in Feb 2011 do I look at Feb 2006-Feb 2011 to count my days outside of UK, or do I count look from Sept 2005 - Feb 2011?

Thanks

xyz123

Re: A few days over 180 maximum days outside UK

Post by xyz123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 am

dschmidt00 wrote:Hi,

I have two questions regarding time spent outside of the UK.

I have been absent from the UK for 185 days in the past 5 years, so just a few more days than the 180 maximum. This is taking into not including travel days (departure date and return date). Will this be a problem? Will they be flexible with just 5 days over?

Regarding the 5-year period, do you count any absence within the preceeding 5-years from your application for IDL? Or is it absences since you first arrived in the country on your visa? In my case I arrived in the UK in Sept 2005, however if I apply for IDL in Feb 2011 do I look at Feb 2006-Feb 2011 to count my days outside of UK, or do I count look from Sept 2005 - Feb 2011?

Thanks
it depends on your reason for absences. search this forum and you will find numerous success stories with people spending over 180 days outside UK. i got mine with 240 days but all were business trips and paid vacation.

you should be ok but you need to be ready with justficiation of your absences (e.g. letter from employer, pay slips / bank statement showing that you were being paid in UK while abroad etc).

search the forum adn you will find all answers.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 am

1. Count 5 yrs preceding your application date.
2.5 days over shouldn't really matter, any one period should not exceed 90 days.
3.Fill your absences in the application form, however keep a ready recokner on an excel sheet with you.

Best regards

dschmidt00
Newly Registered

Post by dschmidt00 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 pm

thanks for responding. yes all were paid vacation time. none were business. i had searched the board extensively and I find many people approved even though they were over 180 days, but this was due to them having business trips. I haven't so far come across a case that was a few days over and all was paid vacation (no business trips).

Does anyone know of a success story where he/she was approved for being overlimit (a few days) and all were paid vacation (no business trips)?

Thanks

dschmidt00
Newly Registered

Post by dschmidt00 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:01 am

Can anyone help please?