ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

twostars
Newly Registered

SET (M) ILR

Post by twostars » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 pm

I will be applying for ILR soon, my husband is British. Do we both have to supply 3months' bank statements and payslips or can I just send mine?

Reason is though we have been living together the whole two years, my husband didn't change his bank or payslip address from his parent's house because we moved a couple of times.

The rest of our bills CT, Gas and Electric,Tenancy agreement and also a joint bank account we use for paying our bills are in both names.

I am now afraid of showing his statements and payslips :? :(

I earn enough to support both of us, does it matter if we don't show his statements?

It was a complete oversight :( honestly we are kicking ourselves. Any advise?

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 am

you need to prove that you have been living together for the 2 years. So they are normally asking for bills and statements showing both your names at the same address. If you haven't got many of these, you can show bills/statements with just one name on them and as long as the address is common, it will prove that you have been living together and that it's a genuine marriage.

So, with your hubby's bills with his parents' address, that would not demonstrate the genuine character of the marriage.

You need to gather 6 such items. See the notes in the SET(M) form: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf