ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manudam
Newly Registered

travel documents

Post by manudam » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

hi all

Just one quick question. My partnet needs to go to Ireland at the end of the month.

We applied for a residence card for him and we received the certicate of application on friday. The family permit expired a week ago and we got the passport back for him to be bale to travel. Will the passport be sufficient for him to travel even if the family permit is no longer valid?

I'll value your input in this business

Many thanks :)

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:11 pm

When you say partner, what do you mean exactly? Are you married, in a civil partnership or only co-habiting?

manudam
Newly Registered

Post by manudam » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Stefan-TR wrote:When you say partner, what do you mean exactly? Are you married, in a civil partnership or only co-habiting?
hi

We have been in a civil partnership for two years now.

Emmanuel

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm

manudam wrote:We have been in a civil partnership for two years now.Emmanuel
In that case you shouldn't have any trouble if you two are travelling together. Make sure to carry the passport with the expired Family Permit, the Certificate of Application and the original Civil Partnership Certificate.

If your partner would plan to travel to Ireland on his own, then he has to apply for an Irish visa, as he cannot derive free movement rights from EU law if he doesn't accompany you. To make sure he can reenter the UK without troubles, he should carry the above mentioned documents plus a certified copy of your passport and ideally, proof that you are in the UK and exercising treaty rights.

daddy
Member of Standing

Re: travel documents

Post by daddy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 pm

manudam wrote:hi all

Just one quick question. My partnet needs to go to Ireland at the end of the month.

We applied for a residence card for him and we received the certicate of application on friday. The family permit expired a week ago and we got the passport back for him to be bale to travel. Will the passport be sufficient for him to travel even if the family permit is no longer valid?

I'll value your input in this business

Many thanks :)
Can you tell us how long his family permit is valid for and why has he not recieved his Residence card as his family permit has run out, I surgest you travel with him in this case to be on a safer side, we know that following the directives he should not have a problem but some immigration officers can be funny at time, this just my advice