ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) Success at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manoj123
United Kingdom

Set(O) Success at Croydon

Post by manoj123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi guys,

Just to let you know my ILR application has been successful under WP + Tier 1 (general) category.

1 main applicant + 1 dependant

My immigration status
  • Sep 2003 - Jan 2005: Student visa
    Jan 2005 - Jan 2006: SEGS (post study)
    Jan 2006 - May 2009: WP
    May 2009 - April 2011: Tier 1 (General)
My wife joined me in 2008 on WP dependant and then changed her status to Tier 1 dependant in 2009.

Documents handed over:
  • Life in the UK results for both
    Letter from employer
    P60s for the last 5yrs and 1 P45 (I changed job only once in last 5yrs)
    Recent 3 month bank statements
    Recent 3 month payslips
Caseworker was very polite and I handed over the list of documents one by one. She asked me to sit aside and wait for 30mins for her to review the documents. After 1hour, I was called back to the counter...was told my application is successful and need to come back in another hour to collect the passports. Went out, had lunch and came back to collect the passports. All done smoothly.
Last edited by manoj123 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Hearty Congrats .. What time was your appointment and any other useful tips ...Cheers

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm

rajathwp wrote:Hearty Congrats .. What time was your appointment and any other useful tips ...Cheers
Thanks for the wishes. My appointment was at 11AM. I cannot think of any tips in specific. I had organised everything (to avoid any nervousness at the counter ) in a file with different leaves for each type of documents and their photocopies.

Just to be on the safe side, I carried last 2years of bank statements, payslips for all 5years, address proofs for my wife for the last 2years etc.. Caseworker did not ask any of that.

I might be able to answer if you have questions to any particular document category.

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Manoj, congrats ..

Do you or your dependant, have any abscences in 5 year period ? If so, how many days it is . Did you provide any documents to support your abscences ?

Cheers

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks a Lot Manoj ... Did you have gaps in VISA ( Visa Expired and New Visa Stamping date difference on your passport) ...

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

rajathwp wrote:Thanks a Lot Manoj ... Did you have gaps in VISA ( Visa Expired and New Visa Stamping date difference on your passport) ...
No. all my visas were overlapped.

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm

manoj123 wrote:
rajathwp wrote:Thanks a Lot Manoj ... Did you have gaps in VISA ( Visa Expired and New Visa Stamping date difference on your passport) ...
Did you have to provide the number of days outside UK in a sheet?

For me I had only paid holidays outside UK, so I wish to know do I need to mention all these?

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:20 pm

eager2learn wrote:
manoj123 wrote:
Did you have to provide the number of days outside UK in a sheet?

For me I had only paid holidays outside UK, so I wish to know do I need to mention all these?
I forgot to add that to the document list in the original post. As my passport is almost filled with stamps and visas, I thought it might put me in risk and so enclosed few printouts to the main application form:

1. Whole immigration history as requested in section (if I remember correctly) 6. This document contained all the days I was outside since my first entry into the UK.
2. Personal trips outside the UK for the last 5 years with total number of days calculated.
3. Business trips outside the UK for the last 5 years with total number of days calculated. No letter - my previous employer do not exist under the same trading name and so cannot get a letter.

Together with personal and business trips, I did not cross 180 days or never stayed outside more than 90 days at once. All of them are paid under the annual leave. Hence she did not ask any letter from my employer(s) I suppose?

UKBA also released a guide to calculate continuous period of stay. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary