ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India on Indian passport after getting British

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first_sur
Newly Registered

Travelling to India on Indian passport after getting British

Post by first_sur » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

hi

We have recd the approval letter for British citizenship from homeoffice and we will be attending the citizenship ceremony shortly.
I want to ask if it is ok to travel to india on indian passport after the ceremony, we are planning to viist india after a week after the ceremony, it is not possible for us to get the Britich passport and PIO in such short duration so I was thinking of travelling on indian passport and do the rest after coming back from india.

Please advise.

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm

You will have to pay a penalty see the vfs india site

dex123
Newly Registered

Post by dex123 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I can not confirm the exact amount but one of my friends passively mentioned it to me last week that in such a scenario they charge £195 (or was it £95, I can't remember) penalty fee for every trip you make on the Indian passport. So it could be a hefty bill.

first_sur
Newly Registered

Post by first_sur » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm

thanks for the reply
I have read on consulate birmingham site that there is a grace period of 3 months that penalty will not be levied if I travel on indian passport, is it possible for u to find out from ur friend if he travelled within 3 months and still paid the penalty

srikanthmn
Newly Registered

travelling on Indian passport after citizenship ceremony

Post by srikanthmn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm

I am also in a similar situation. I could not find this 3 month grace period. Can you please send me the link so that I can have a look, Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:50 am

Consulate General of India Hong Kong

Embassy of India, Philippines

Strange that grace period was not mentioned in the UK. *updated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

srikanthmn
Newly Registered

Post by srikanthmn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Thank you,

that is really helpful. At least there is a mention of 3 month grace period in one of the Indian consulate websites. It is strange that they do not mention about the same in Uk websites. I hope that the rules remain same for all Indian consulate offices