ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposed new list of skilled occupations eligible for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wf
Member of Standing

Proposed new list of skilled occupations eligible for Tier 2

Post by wf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:29 pm

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 pm

so let me get this straight...

if the job title, according to second link provided above, is NOT at NQF4+ then there is no chance for getting tier 2 visa , if we assume that government accept these findings.

any comments?

thling06
Newly Registered

slightly confused

Post by thling06 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi,

Please correct me because I am sure this can't be the only changes to Tire 2 for 2011? Also, if the occupation is not listed, does this mean you cannot even apply a tier 2?

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

arsenal49 wrote:so let me get this straight...

if the job title, according to second link provided above, is NOT at NQF4+ then there is no chance for getting tier 2 visa , if we assume that government accept these findings.

any comments?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... of-the-pbs

arsenal, page 39 and further, table 3.2 lists all the occupations which will no longer qualify for tier 2 but did before... these I guess are removed from April.

Govt is sure to accept this, I think. In any case, objective achieved... even less people can apply now.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 pm

fibreman wrote:

arsenal, page 39 and further, table 3.2 lists all the occupations which will no longer qualify for tier 2 but did before... these I guess are removed from April.

Govt is sure to accept this, I think. In any case, objective achieved... even less people can apply now.
where the f**k are they getting their salary data from? have you looked at the salary levels, and that too in this recession? who the hell would pay a graduate that much salary?

those idiots in westminster have really screwed us this time around. i hope they realise that.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
fibreman wrote:

where the f**k are they getting their salary data from? have you looked at the salary levels, and that too in this recession? who the hell would pay a graduate that much salary?

those idiots in westminster have really screwed us this time around. i hope they realise that.
Data relates only to full time employees, and here u have a span from 25 year olds to 50+ year olds. Which means you are unlikely to start on that salary anyway(distribution skewed right).

I am not sure how the points will be give for salary from april, though. I only hope there are really no limits for inside country applicants. For me, this my be an improvement actually. It seems to me that, other than exceptions given, for outside applicants, everything will be rationed by salary, with even tougher thresholds.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
fibreman wrote:

Arsenal calm down.

I understand exactly how you feel because I felt the same way, may be more on 7th Dec 2010 when the same set of idiots came up with more bizzare set of data and then to topup it up with more bizzare proposals.

I would like to quote you here:
arsenal49 wrote:Life is not fair...

it never was....

it never will be....

survival of the fittest.....

govt needs votes......

voters are dumb enough to believe that immigration is a "bad" thing even though they dont kow what "bad" really means....

someone has to be at the receiving end of "government measures". unfortunately, at this junction of time, non-EU students are....

so, whatever, just roll with it.....

sorry for getting all philosophical about it.

cheers

ps. this post is not aimed at any 1 person and is the result of reading the title of this post!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

fibreman wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:
fibreman wrote:

Data relates only to full time employees, and here u have a span from 25 year olds to 50+ year olds. Which means you are unlikely to start on that salary anyway(distribution skewed right).

I am not sure how the points will be give for salary from april, though. I only hope there are really no limits for inside country applicants. For me, this my be an improvement actually. It seems to me that, other than exceptions given, for outside applicants, everything will be rationed by salary, with even tougher thresholds.
Well to be honest we can say T2 is OPEN for Master's or Phd only??

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 pm

tall_funky wrote:

No, Bachelor is still OK if your occupation is on list and you can earn enough money.

For outside applicants, where things are rationed, then higher education levels will play a role, I think, yes...

While these changes are negative, I am only saying that in some cases it may be an improvement over current interim limits, which apply to intra country applicants also, and cause the threshold for salary to go up a lot(current limit for COS of 36k for non shortage, is only possible with much experience or say IB hires you). Otherwise, you get a short end of the stick.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 pm

@tall_funky

i just had to swear after reading the new proposals....

maybe i will calm down in the morning and think with cool head...

for now, f**k you mofo's for playing with future of thousands, at the stroke of a pen.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:07 pm

fibreman wrote:
tall_funky wrote:

No, Bachelor is still OK if your occupation is on list and you can earn enough money.

For outside applicants, where things are rationed, then higher education levels will play a role, I think, yes...

While these changes are negative, I am only saying that in some cases it may be an improvement over current interim limits, which apply to intra country applicants also, and cause the threshold for salary to go up a lot.
I know Bachelor is OK but I was talking practically they have excluded Bachelor's(may be Oxbridge graduates can qualify).

As far as I understand, only intra-company transfer's will be exempt from limits.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

tall_funky wrote:
fibreman wrote:
tall_funky wrote:

While these changes are negative, I am only saying that in some cases it may be an improvement over current interim limits, which apply to intra country applicants also, and cause the threshold for salary to go up a lot.
I know Bachelor is OK but I was talking practically they have excluded Bachelor's(may be Oxbridge graduates can qualify).

As far as I understand, only intra-company transfer's will be exempt from limits.
Over 150k salary, all applicants inside country + some others are also excluded from limits.

It will be even tougher for those outside country to get in, for those inside,
maybe easier than in interim limit system.

I bet they will remove more occupations as time goes by...

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 pm

arsenal49 wrote:@tall_funky

i just had to swear after reading the new proposals....

maybe i will calm down in the morning and think with cool head...

for now, f**k you mofo's for playing with future of thousands, at the stroke of a pen.
I agree with you and would like to say to you that whatever happens, happens for a reason because there may be things which we can't see but God can see everything and He always works in our best interest.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:07 pm

will they impose a requirement to conduct market labour test after April 2011? anyone heard/read anything in this regard

cheers

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 pm

arsenal49 wrote:will they impose a requirement to conduct market labour test after April 2011? anyone heard/read anything in this regard

cheers
I wonder also. I assume that if you were on psw say, it will stay the same(6 months etc.). Milkround recruitment also would not change.

I assume the SO list will not require LMT, otherwise yes. Don't see the need to change anything here drastically.

What this will achieve is to cut amount of occupations which can apply, and also limit outside apps. Inside apps might be in better position if unlimited than now-all rationed by salary.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 pm

in-country applicant will only get advantage...if he/she is getting paid above-average salary and his occupation is listed!!!!! have you seen how many occupations are being withdrawn from current list?

shocking......

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 am

apparently another list will be published soon..(before 1st April)
In November, the government announced that it intends to raise the minimum skill level for jobs under Tier 2 from National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 3 to graduate level.

In December the government asked the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) to advise on the following two questions:

1. What standard occupational classification (SOC) codes should be considered as graduate level occupations for the purposes of Tier 2 of the points-based system?

2. How should the current shortage occupation lists for the UK and Scotland be revised to remove jobs below graduate level?

The Committee was asked to use NQF level 4 and above as the benchmark for graduate level for this commission. The Committee's report detailing recommended NQF level 4 and above occupations for the purposes of Tier 2 was published on 7 February 2011. This answers question 1 above. A report addressing job titles on the shortage occupation list in occupations below graduate level (question 2) will be submitted to the government during February and published shortly afterwards.
extracted from

Code: Select all

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/news/2011/mac-publishes-list-graduate-level-occupations-tier-2