ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration questions, please help....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stryth
Newly Registered

Immigration questions, please help....

Post by Stryth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 am

I've been looking at the whole immigration process for my fiance to move from the States to the UK and so has my fiance, the whole thing is just confusing to us. Is there any step by step guides anywhere ?

Is everything based on my income in the UK and my ability to support her ( I'm only working part time, thanks to the economic downturn in my area) or would her savings be considered in an application? If so, how much is required?

We are very much in love and intend to marry as soon as we can and would like to not have to pay hundreds to see each other anymore. We want to be together.

What would happen if we just got married for instance? Would the UK Government accept us and allow her to move to the UK?

Essentially what I'm looking for here is the best course of action. I thank you in advance for any and all advice given.
Last edited by Stryth on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:14 pm

My sincere advise for you is to consult a professional immigration consultant who knows laws of immigration !!!!
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

Stryth
Newly Registered

Post by Stryth » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

That sounds really expensive and I was hoping to avoid having to pay someone to give me advice, which is why I posted here. In the hopes that someone here could shed some light on the subject for me and maybe share similar experiences with me.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Immigration questions, please help....

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 am

Stryth wrote:I've been looking at the whole immigration process for my fiance to move from the States to the UK and so has my fiance, the whole thing is just confusing to us. Is there any step by step guides anywhere ?

Is everything based on my income in the UK and my ability to support her ( I'm only working part time, thanks to the economic downturn in my area) or would her savings be considered in an application? If so, how much is required?

We are very much in love and intend to marry as soon as we can and would like to not have to pay hundreds to see each other anymore. We want to be together.

What would happen if we just got married for instance? Would the UK Government accept us and allow her to move to the UK?

Essentially what I'm looking for here is the best course of action. I thank you in advance for any and all advice given.
Best way and cheapest way is to marry and apply for a spousal visa as long as you meet the requirements

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... rtnership/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... /partners/

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 pm

My advise would be to marry her and then bring her here as spouse. If you yourself can not fully maintain her, then if you can ask your parents to help out finacially and accommdation wise, I dont see what the problem is.

Obviously if you can show you work, and have some savings, that would help a lot.

The visa will be issued on the basis that both of you first of all meet the requirements and secondly on your ( with help from parents etc) ability to support, maintain and accomodate yourselves with out recourse to public funds. :wink: