ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of a ILR (long residence) applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kam348

Dependant of a ILR (long residence) applicant

Post by Kam348 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 am

I have read different posts on the forum and bit confused now, please advice. My 10 yrs ILR under process. After ILR do I need to use SET(o) or FLR(m) for my wife visa extension as she is in UK as my dependent since July 2007. Thanks. Kam.
Form SET(O). 10 yrs long residence category
Posted: 5th Jan 2011
ILR/Passport received = 12th feb
MN1 application via NCS = 2nd March 2011
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

vinny

Re: Set(o) or Flr(m) form for my wife visa extension

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

Kam348 wrote:I have read different posts on the forum and bit confused now, please advice. My 10 yrs ILR under process. After ILR do I need to use SET(o) or FLR(m) for my wife visa extension as she is in UK as my dependent since July 2007. Thanks. Kam.
See also long residence dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kam348

Re: Set(o) or Flr(m) form for my wife visa extension

Post by Kam348 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:09 am

vinny wrote:
Kam348 wrote:I have read different posts on the forum and bit confused now, please advice. My 10 yrs ILR under process. After ILR do I need to use SET(o) or FLR(m) for my wife visa extension as she is in UK as my dependent since July 2007. Thanks. Kam.
See also long residence dependants.
Hi Vinny
your assistance is much appreciated.
Following is plan after reading, plz correct me if I am wrong or just reply Yes if ok:
1. first I will apply for my 21 months old via NCS by using MN1.
2. wife visa will extend by FLr(M) and she needs to pass life in the UK test.
3. If baby born after ILR passport will be applied directly without MN1 route. And do I need to send my passport with ILR with baby application.
Many thanks.
Kam
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:36 am

1. Yes (if child was born in the UK), after grant of your ILR.
2. English test required for FLR(M). Apply before her leave expires. KOL required for settlement.
3. Yes, provide proof of your ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Kam348

Post by Kam348 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm

vinny wrote:1. Yes (if child was born in the UK), after grant of your ILR.
2. English test required for FLR(M). Apply before her leave expires. KOL required for settlement.
Thank you very much indeed.
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

Kam348

A1 english language test req for spouse visa

Post by Kam348 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 am

Kam348 wrote:
vinny wrote:1. Yes (if child was born in the UK), after grant of your ILR.
Thank you very much indeed.
Hi Vinny
As per UKBA guidance I phoned college of excellence at Greenford London re A1 english test and they are asking £150 for test fees only. Do you have any knowledge as this is too much fees for such a basic level test. Any experience guys, please share .............
Also, my wife passed IELTS (Academic) in 2006, can she use that result or not as it is too old now???

Thanks
Kam
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: A1 english language test req for spouse visa

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 am

Kam348 wrote:my wife passed IELTS (Academic) in 2006, can she use that result or not as it is too old now???
Yes, she can.

regards

Kam348

Re: A1 english language test req for spouse visa

Post by Kam348 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Kam348 wrote:my wife passed IELTS (Academic) in 2006, can she use that result or not as it is too old now???
Yes, she can.

regards
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Just been informed that IELTS is only valid for 2 years and secondly it is on her maiden name ..... can she still use it or not??? please confirm. Thanks. Kam
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Having looked at the website, policy guidance and the relevant immigration rules, I haven't been able to find anywhere that an examination result must be presented within its validity period else it will not be accepted by UKBA. Neither does UKBA mention anywhere that an applicant must present a "valid" examination test report.

Just as an applicant may have been awarded a degree (acceptable to UKBA for the purpose of proving English language proficiency of an applicant) many years ago but is still accepted by UKBA, similarly an examination result (e.g. - IELTS) should be accepted by UKBA irrespective of when the applicant may have passed the said examination.

With regards to the (maiden) name of the applicant on the IELTS test report, if the applicant used a passport as identity proof to register / write the exam, submitting that passport along with the test result should suffice. A brief and concise explanation of the matter in a covering letter may also help the caseworker to understand the "passed exam before marriage and changed family name after marriage" scenario.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 am

Interestingly, if you had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom under paragraphs 128-193 (but not paragraphs 135I-135K) immediately before being granted ILR, then your wife may apply for ILR - SET(O) (196E). KOL required.

Kam348

i am lost plz help

Post by Kam348 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:59 pm

vinny wrote:Interestingly, if you had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom under paragraphs 128-193 (but not paragraphs 135I-135K) immediately before being granted ILR, then your wife may apply for ILR - SET(O) (196E). KOL required.
Hi Vinny
I am lost please help .........
I read links provided ..... means if I am switching from Tier 1 HSMP to ILR ...... than my wife can apply directly for ILR as she is in UK for morethan 2 yrs as my dependent or not .....
apologies for the headache ....
Thanks for your assistance.
Regards
Kam
Ack letter = ?
Citizenship cert = ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Unfortunately, no. Tier 1 holders are not under 128-193.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 am

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, no. Tier 1 holders are not under 128-193.
What about if from Student Visa and dependent living in the UK more than 6 years?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 am

Unfortunately, no. Student are also not under 128-193.

fizzi4u
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant of a ILR (long residence) applicant

Post by fizzi4u » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:54 pm

HI Vinny
I want to ask few things if you would help me i really appreciate it.

Currently I am on tier-1 general visa and i have recently applied for ILR on long residence SET(LR). My wife is my dependent and she is also on Tier-1 General Dependent visa which is valid till 02-05-2016. so my question here is when i gets my ILR then when my wife can apply for ILR i mean how long she has to complete the qualifying period?. Does she need to apply for FLR(M) or FLR(FP)? or she can directly apply for ILR on her own basis on the completing of required qualifying period. just want to mention here my wife came to uk in april 2010 as TIER-1 PSW but she switched her visa as a tier-1 general dependant in march 2011.
if she must need to switch her visa to FLR(M) OR FLR(FP) then does she need to apply for it straight after i gets my ILR?

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 am

Hi vinny,
Here i am again seeking ur valuable advice and suggestion. As i received my ILR yesterday on 10years long residency, now i would like tojoin my wife from india. So can you please suggest me regarding documents and the entire process. Just to let you know i work part time and has registered sole trader business. I have little knowledge regarding dependent application. But please anyone from forum light on my case please. Much appreciated :? :D :? :wink:
jignesh

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi,

I recently got my ILR - my wife is currently residing here as a dependent on PBS- her current leave expires in Aug- I am wondering how long she can stay on current visa before she is required to switch to FLR category?

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:19 pm

hi all,
could you pl help me i got my ilr on 10 year long residency basis.my wife and two kids living with me from 2010 kids born in uk.
i applied mn1 for kids.
wife flr m i m filling and i need to check do i have to full fill financial requirement for my kids as well although they will be British before i send the application of my wife.
my question is financial requirement will be 18600 or i have to show income for kids as well.
thanks

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:21 pm

eclectic wrote:Hi,

I recently got my ILR - my wife is currently residing here as a dependent on PBS- her current leave expires in Aug- I am wondering how long she can stay on current visa before she is required to switch to FLR category?

asap but remember she can not travel with this visa she need to switch before she travel.there is no rule but preferably in asap.