ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

officially recognised translator in the UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aodei
Newly Registered

officially recognised translator in the UK?

Post by aodei » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:02 pm

As I am planning to apply for HSMP (under 28), I want to know some details about "officially recognised translator". Some of my documents like labor contract, tenancy agreement are in Chinese. However I can not find any translator here in the UK. I translated them into English by myself. Is that acceptable? Of course I also supply some other relevant documents to support my work experience, like bank statements, etc. If they are not acceptable, where I can find the officially recongnized translator here in the UK? Thank you very much indeed!

aodei
Newly Registered

Post by aodei » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:27 am

Can anyone give me an answer? thx.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Keep in mind in some countries it is difficult to find translator in the UK especially if the language is not commyly spoken worldwide.

The best solution I think is that, Contact your embassy. They will give you the list of qulified translators from your own language to english. Ask them those which are approved by the Home office.

Pantaiema

aodei wrote:Can anyone give me an answer? thx.