ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How quick the EEA Family Family could be granted?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

How quick the EEA Family Family could be granted?

Post by Estera » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi

Just a question for those who applied for EEA Family Permit outside UK how long did you wait average for the decision to be made?

My husband applied last Friday in Ghana. On UK Border side its most within 2-5 working days but our case is a bit complicated previous overstayer etc.

I will be happy to hear anybody experiences on the matter of waiting time as Im nervously awaiting decision:(

Also do the Embassy contact the EEA Employer like telephone calls or mails to verify employment?

thanks so much

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Estera
Newly Registered

Post by Estera » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks for the link it sounds like pretty quick process,do you know if the embassy could call me for interv on phone to ask questions or verify the documents my husband did submit in Ghana?

as I'm really stressed out:( its been 18 months since he left UK due to other circumstances he couldn't apply earlier but I just hardly bare all this:( and pray for successful decision right now.

many thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Yes, they can certainly call him in for an interview although I would expect a face-to-face interview. But I guess they would do that only if they had doubts.

Estera
Newly Registered

Post by Estera » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 pm

[quote="86ti"]Yes, they can certainly call him in for an interview although I would expect a face-to-face interview. But I guess they would do that only if they had doubts.[/qu

But would they call me like on phone to interv me too or check answers or details he submitted, I'm just scared what sort of questions they could ask me ? he submitted application on Friday ,after all this is it now I just want to be prepared in case of their calling me so I want make any silly mistake to give them a chance to refuse my husband visa:) I'm in UK so they can call me only for interv on phone I guess I cant go to Ghana right now.

thanks for your help

deon
Newly Registered

Processing times

Post by deon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 am

Hi Estera!!

I did my EEA family permit in South Africa and it took 5 days to complete. Now ive applied for my EEA2 visa and some people say it takes up to 6 months!!! Africa isnt that bad after all!! still love my country!!! :D