ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

staying in netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arty
Newly Registered

staying in netherlands

Post by arty » Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 am

Hi, i would like to find out how is it possible for me to bring my girlfriend over to Netherland to stay. She is from a nonEU-country. What is the necessary steps we need to do. We have the intention to get married. we would like to find out if it is easier to get married first and apply for the visa or to apply for the visa and get married later on. What rights and benefits she will get once she is here. Will she be able to work here?
I heard there is another way - theat is the BElgium route? what is the difference and what is the easier way with an assurance. Thanks

edamame
Newly Registered

good luck

Post by edamame » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi Arty--are you Dutch? Thanks to Verdonk, we are living outside NL until my passport through marriage is granted. There are some forums for foreign partners of Dutch nationals... don't have the site handy, but do a search. They are very informative.

Good luck!