ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Tier 2 ICT Work Visas

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

penfold6385
Newly Registered

Questions about Tier 2 ICT Work Visas

Post by penfold6385 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 pm

My employer is currently applying for the application license with the Home Office. The Home Office has come back twice asking for additional documentation. Is this normal? I'm looking at it as a good sign b/c they could have said "no."

After that is approved, I will be applying for a Tier 2 ICT Work Visa. I'm having difficulty in getting a direct answer on whether my wife will be able to work off of my visa. I understand that she will apply as a dependent on my application. If it is approved, does she require additional "sponsorship" to work in the UK?

Also, I understand that I may be able to expedite the 15 day period to have my visa approved by going to "a UK office in New York City that only takes 24 hours to get an answer." Does anybody know anything about this too?

THANKS!

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi Dear,

Your wife will be eligible to work on Tier-2 ICT dependent visa

As of new ruling in April 2010; you need to notice that Tier2-ICT i.e. intra company transfer visa cannot lead to ILR (Indefinte leave to remain in UK)

This means u will not be able to apply for ILR even after completing 5 years in UK legally on Tier2-ICT

Hope this is beneficial