ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mickey's Apprehensions!!!! pls. help...

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mickeymouse
Newly Registered

Mickey's Apprehensions!!!! pls. help...

Post by Mickeymouse » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:57 pm

Hi from Mickey Mouse, :)

I am in the process of applying immi applc. & am currently in a fix abt IELTS. I was thinking :idea: of submitting a simple applc initially explaining my English knowledge & bckgrnd.

1.I am informed that I need to submit a letter for this purpose. Wat is a submission letter like :?:

2.Do I get a File No by submitting jus a submission later & then later goin for a IELTS :?:

3. when wud they ask for IELTS :?: Not giving IELTS in the first stage wud really weaken my case? Considering the fact that I have given our case max. ponts for Language without appearing for IELTS right now. Our self aasesment points from the website are 74 (me & my wife)

pls. help Mickey Mouse...........he is soooooo confused :? pls help.
Appreciate It
Regards
MM

Dominion
Newly Registered

Post by Dominion » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:07 am

If you have formal education in an English speaking country for over a couple of years, you may not need IELTS. The letter simply state that fact, your education and work experience in English.

Even speaking English, the test helps them to make a straight forward decision.

However, if you normally write letters, the way your wrote your post, they will ask your for the IELTS. Your post is plagued with mistakes everywhere.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm

I will advise you that, based on your above post, you are better off taking the English exams which will be to your own advantage. Your tenses seem to be out of place and I guess your phonetics will be the same.
When called for an interview on this, you will not be happy. Truth it, CIC will not waste their time to interview you for your english proficiency.

They would ask that you send the test scores.
My advise, book for a test and also file your application at the same time, i.e. if you are confident you have enough points to qaulify. When your scores are in, you can update CIC with this information.. This is because, your file will not be up for review immediately when you apply dependent on the visa post to which the application is made.
All the best!