ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General | Previous earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mayankzen
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General | Previous earning

Post by Mayankzen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:51 am

HI,

I am currently in india and will be travelling to Uk in the month of feb 2011 on work permit.

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general category in february itself. To secure 80 points , i need to score 40 points in previous earning section.

As per my current employment i am running short of 1L Rs to earn 40 points.What i am planning to do is to show an extra income of above mentioned amount.

The question to this forum is whther it is allowed to show an extra income while i am already in full time employment.

It looks like particularly in india, i can earn as much as i want after my full time working hours as a free lancer.

Reaching out to everyone in this forum to guide me in this scenerio. Also if anybody has already done that, would like to talk to him .

Thanks
Manank

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 am

Unfortunately Tier 1 General is now closed for overseas applicants. It would seem from your post that you intend on travelling on a Tier 1 visa which you want to obtain now? Or do you have another visa which will allow you to switch?

Mayankzen
Newly Registered

RE.

Post by Mayankzen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 am

I currently have a Tier 2 on which i will be travelling and then i will apply for a switch to T1 while in the UK.

amuk

Re: Tier 1 General | Previous earning

Post by amuk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Mayankzen wrote:The question to this forum is whther it is allowed to show an extra income while i am already in full time employment
Yes, you can claim earnings from different sources.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header6

Edit: to my knowledge, if you're in the UK, you'll have to register with HMRC for any self-employment activity to be considered.

Mayankzen
Newly Registered

Post by Mayankzen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:07 pm

amuk wrote:
Mayankzen wrote:The question to this forum is whther it is allowed to show an extra income while i am already in full time employment

Edit: to my knowledge, if you're in the UK, you'll have to register with HMRC for any self-employment activity to be considered.
Thanks, but i will be having that extra income in india so do i still have to register myself with hmrc?

amuk

Post by amuk » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Mayankzen wrote:
amuk wrote:

Thanks, but i will be having that extra income in india so do i still have to register myself with hmrc?
I'm afraid I cannot be of much help here. I suggest you wait for a senior. (*cough* sushdmehta *cough*) =)

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Post by glrrajesh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 am

Hi Mayankzen....Did you get any prompt response for this??

i'm in the same situation as you are...Please share. Thanks

Anida
Newly Registered

What proof you can show...

Post by Anida » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi,

Please could you guide me...I am also in the same situation.

What proof you can show if you are going to show the money what ever you have earned from the free lancer Job. Well, in addition to Bank Statement what proof you can show.

Thanks,
Anida.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am

Hi All,

I had posted a similar question earlier. The feedback I got was

1) Make sure the documents viz salary slips, letter from employer, bank statements tally and are authentic.
2) Whichever company you freelance for is likely to get audited so they should be able to prove the kind of work you have done and the amount paid should be justifiable. for eg. It would be suspicious if you got paid 1 lakh per month to do a job which would normally be paid 30k
3) Remember, that if your documents are fake or any other suspicious circumstances, it possible for your application to be rejected and you be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years.
4) If you are self employed and doing free lance work, you need invoices of contracts. Can't elaborate much on this as I am not too sure about it.

Good luck!!!

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:11 pm

i had similar case check this post

also as jason mentioned ensure that u have correct and valid documents...
Tier1 Aspirant