ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job search advise pls

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Job search advise pls

Post by asal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi,I resigned my job in India and I am searching for a job in UK.Please let me know will the recuriters consiider my cv if i say i'm unemployed and looking for a job?

thanks

kenfrapin

Re: Job search advise pls

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

asal wrote:Hi,I resigned my job in India and I am searching for a job in UK.Please let me know will the recuriters consiider my cv if i say i'm unemployed and looking for a job?

thanks
You resigned your job before securing another one, be it India or the UK? You surely are a gifted professional or a very foolish one - search the forum first for many answers to your question and you may find out it was better to be employed and cautious, rather then frivolous and so carefree :-)

KP

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 am

When I was in India I resgined my job and then I travelled to uk for job hunting.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:03 am

asal wrote:Hi,I resigned my job in India and I am searching for a job in UK.Please let me know will the recuriters consiider my cv if i say i'm unemployed and looking for a job?

thanks
Have you approached any recruiters yet ? I suggest you get in touch with recruiters to get a better understanding of where you stand. Most of us here can only give you pointers on how to approach your job hunt but how you are regarded by recruiters depends on whether there are vacancies for individuals with your skillset and on your ability to convince recruiters and employers that you are what they need.

Regards,
Mesam.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 am

asal wrote:When I was in India I resgined my job and then I travelled to uk for job hunting.
That makes more sense now. Well, recruiters will not say anything about you being jobless right now. You secured your Tier 1 visa and in order to get a job you have to be in the UK. This is the reason you left your old job in your home county so do not worry at all.

Also note that gaps in your CV is not like how it is in Asian countries. UK employers dont suspect something is wrong if you were/are jobless. Many people tend to take breaks from their career here to travel, to start a family, to care for family and so on. Being unemployed now because you are in the UK job hunting is absolutely fine.

Wish you the very best!
KP

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Many thanks for your advise.

gotiya
Newly Registered

Post by gotiya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 am

thanks
Yeah ! I sell jobs. The cost and charges for getting jobs is Rs.100 crore here in UK. There is 10% discount for people who are unemployed .... but only 1% discount for people who have resigned and are now unemployed. PM me for details.

I'm dead serious.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Yeah ! I sell jobs. The cost and charges for getting jobs is Rs.100 crore here in UK. There is 10% discount for people who are unemployed .... but only 1% discount for people who have resigned and are now unemployed. PM me for details.

I'm dead serious.
Huh?? You must be getting kicks by replying?

Please give a good/bad 'constructive' advise.
This one is non-sense.
If you don't have some insight to offer, please refrain from such methods to make yourself happy.

Why don't you go and put a congratulation post for 'other 45000 pound' guy. No, you had/is/will prefer to reply this one.