ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) dependant application refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvinodkumer
Newly Registered

Help me please.... :( :( :(

Post by mvinodkumer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 am

Hi All,

I had applied Tier 1 Dependant Visa for my Wife in Cochin on Jan 7th. With the bank statements of Wife's bank account. Since i am living in the UK for more than 12 months i showed a balance of around 38021. while applying i refered the OANDA.COM for currency conversion. At that time it was 70.09. Hence it came above 533 pounds.

Today we got the application with the decision rejected. the Case worker has mentioned that we have not provided the original bank statement instead a print out signed and stamped by Bank and given us a 28 days time to reappeal.

How ever, when i looked at the OANDA website today the currency rate is 73.01 (Feb9th).

I am confused now, which currency rate to consider when re appealing initial date of application (Jan7th ) or the appeal date(which ever date i am gonna re appeal)

Any help in this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vinod

talentedWE

Re: Help me please.... :( :( :(

Post by talentedWE » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 pm

mvinodkumer wrote:Hi All,

I had applied Tier 1 Dependant Visa for my Wife in Cochin on Jan 7th. With the bank statements of Wife's bank account. Since i am living in the UK for more than 12 months i showed a balance of around 38021. while applying i refered the OANDA.COM for currency conversion. At that time it was 70.09. Hence it came above 533 pounds.

Today we got the application with the decision rejected. the Case worker has mentioned that we have not provided the original bank statement instead a print out signed and stamped by Bank and given us a 28 days time to reappeal.

How ever, when i looked at the OANDA website today the currency rate is 73.01 (Feb9th).

I am confused now, which currency rate to consider when re appealing initial date of application (Jan7th ) or the appeal date(which ever date i am gonna re appeal)

Any help in this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vinod
The one at the time of applying i.e 70.09. But I believe, printout signed and stamped by bank works. They have accepted mine with colored printout signed and stamped.

mvinodkumer
Newly Registered

Post by mvinodkumer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for your response..

One more thing there is an option saying Interbank +/-, do we have select anything while conversion or just set it 0% and calculate the currency